250,000 Club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Posted this in the 80's section as well, but this area needs some activity! Truck is officially Toyota broken in!
250000.jpg

Nice Brent! I got some catching up to do... still haven't cracked the 200k mark.

As for activity, I agree. I could add mine almost killed me... had a jack stand collapse/fail while I was putting on my new shocks. Surprisingly, didn't have to change my shorts.

Damn man. Brings back memories of someone else here in OC that almost had his 80 kill him when a Jack stand fail. Glad you are ok!

Brent,

Did you pull over to the side of the road and coast until that zero lined up perfectly?

Well done!

Brent,

Did you pull over to the side of the road and coast until that zero lined up perfectly?

Well done!

Stop/go commute traffic on the 405N at Culver so was stopped at the time I snapped the cellphone pic.

The 405 is the largest parking lot I have ever driven through.

...and the 55 and the 91 and the 5 and the 101 and the 57 and the 22 and the 60 and the 2 and the 210...:eek: I won't even go into the parking lots down in San Diego County! :crybaby:

Hahaha.
I worked in the LA area for a year and a half.
I laughed when people here in Vegas were complaining about 25 min commutes.

Only thing I'd complain about with Vegas traffic is the bottleneck at the state line coming home to California! It sucks!

Don't know that I'll ever make 300,000. Just don't drive the truck that much anymore. :(

No Brent, you're good. You got the photo right on the money! Your next post should be at 275,000. Keep them at significant milestones instead of just random pictures of the odometer.

Of course I'm poking fun because I'm only at 187,000 and it will take me another 7-8 years to get where you are :flipoff2:

275k isn't a significant enough milestone. 300K will be next if I get there. Driving her daily right now tho and at least I'm loving it despite the circumstances. My daughter was caught in a pretty good chain reaction bumper thumper out in Anaheim Hills last Monday. She was car 3 in a four car accident so she got it front/rear just sitting at a light! Unfortunately her little 2005 Scion Xa with less than 100k on the odometer took enough of a front and rear end damage that, at least according to our own insurance, will be totaled. She's driving my Prius right now as she's not comfortable at all driving the beast. Accident really sucks as that little Scion has been a great car. With it only being worth about $4K based on my research, the damage from the pics she took easily look like more than that. Front/rear bumpers, front grill and hood, looks like a small crease in the rear DS quarter panel and rear hatch. Even if there's no frame damage, all that will easily add up to $6-7K in repairs. No 'official' word yet from insurance of the person at fault.
1025.jpeg
1026.jpeg

Ouch, that sucks. is she OK?

From previous experience the rearmost driver will be at fault only for the car they hit. The other drivers will be at fault for each vehicle they hit, even if they were stationary - following too closely or not leaving enough space between vehicles. Reality is that it depends on who the insurance companies are. If multiple vehicles have the same insurance then fault isn't the issue since they're paying anyway. Of course they all will go after the primary and you will end up dealing with your insurance while the insurance companies will all sue each other PITA.

She was a little sore. ER visit Tuesday AM - strained trapezius causing some stiffness/headaches but nothing broken.

At least insurance with all four cars is good - two AAA, one Allstate and Mercury is our carrier. My experience is that from front to back, yes, they go sequentially back thru each insurance carrier, ultimately landing on the car that caused the chain reaction. It's Mercury that has stated they think the car is totaled, but we can't go do anything about replacing the car until we get the absolute word, thus her driving my Prius and me the Landcruiser. It sucks because that Scion had plenty of life left and for her only working part time until she passes her Vet Tech exam next month, she just can't afford anything. Fortunately we're in a good position to help. Think we may go look at the Prius C. It's a little smaller than my Prius (about the same size as the Scion). Might even consider picking up a new 2017 as there's a mfg cash back of $3K on top of what a dealer might kick in. We'll just wait and see.

Think we may go look at the Prius C. It's a little smaller than my Prius (about the same size as the Scion). Might even consider picking up a new 2017 as there's a mfg cash back of $3K on top of what a dealer might kick in. We'll just wait and see.

Are they still eligible for the coveted HOV lane stickers?

Plus, used car inventory is really low right now driving the prices up. There are some great dealer incentives out there to try to pull people from the used car market. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom