250,000 Club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Prius C is not eligible. Only the Prius plug in models are eligible. I had a choice back in 2013 to buy the plug in when we bought Prius' for both me and the wife and chose not to as the price tag back then was an add'l $3K for the plug in and HOV sticker eligibility! Don't know if it's still that bad or not. The 'C' is a smaller stripped down version of the full sized Prius and less expensive.

I hear you on the new vs used. Not much in the used inventory and prices for a 2014/2015 isn't appreciably lower than a brand new 2017 after the factory cash back. Don't know if dealers will be taking more off in addition to the factory cash or not. Sure they would say they won't, but we may see. A brand new Prius C Two after the factory cash is $18.5K. Used 2014/2015 are going for $14K.

Turned 300,000 a few months ago and then celebrated with a trip to Baja last week.

300 k.jpg

80 and Me.jpg

To rehijack my own thread...insurance has offered us $6500 for the Scion! I wasn't expecting anything higher than $4000. Stoked with the offer. Daughter was told they are sought after economical cars,not around any longer and therefore more desirable. Was ready for a tussel to get $4000 based on my research. Now to find her somethjng as reliable. Going to look at the Prius C today.

Got a super price on a 2017 Prius C.

Ended up with $2900 off from dealer and another $3000 from Toyota mfg cash on a 2017 Prius C. On top of that we're getting $6500 back on the 2005 Scion Xa. Much more than I anticipated.

:clap::clap:

Wow, that is a pretty good deal. Was that at an OC car stealer...I mean dealer?

Wow, that is a pretty good deal. Was that at an OC car stealer...I mean dealer?

Yes - Autonation Irvine. They and Toyota of Orange are the two biggies down here...like Longo Toyota for you in LA. I have a more local stealership, but they are very small and just can't deal on the car the way Autonation can. In fact, Autonation traded from Capo Toyota to get the car we bought! $2K difference in price on the same damn car!

To rehijack my own thread...insurance has offered us $6500 for the Scion! I wasn't expecting anything higher than $4000. Stoked with the offer. Daughter was told they are sought after economical cars,not around any longer and therefore more desirable. Was ready for a tussel to get $4000 based on my research. Now to find her somethjng as reliable. Going to look at the Prius C today.

That's awesome! We passed my wife's '05 Scion XA she had bought new to my MIL early this year with about 160K miles. I did a whole bunch of maintenance on it before doing so and am pretty confident it will do double that mileage with no issues. Now, the Mini Countryman that we replaced it with is a different story. Nothing has gone wrong yet but it only has 20K miles and I just hope the novelty has worn off and we can get her a Rav4 or CR-V before something awful goes wrong with it.

GXMac - your MIL got a nice little car. My daughter loved her Xa...and so did I for the 3 years I drove it as a commuter car instead of the Landcruiser. Nothing flashy, just a nice economical little car that will hold 5 adults and with seats down pack a daughters stuff for college too, all on top of 33mpg!

I am almost in the club. $246k and some change at the moment.

Round trip to CA ought to take care of that! ;)
I would absolutely love that! I have a new client in Reno so a NorCal business trip with the Rubicon involved may need to happen! I would just have to swing down to SoCal on the return home.

Actually planning a Utah trip for the first week in April if any of you want to join.

Smitty

Nice Travis! Jeez, two years since I flipped 250,000 and I'm not even at 257K yet. 3000 miles a year. 😢 She needs more love than that! No place but a parking garage at work and I don't fit. They banned me from parking in visitor spaces outdoors just the once a week I was doing it. New building management (CBRE) sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom