24V keyless entry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ATL Cruiser

GOLD Star
Threads
I will be adding keyless entry to my HZJ77 shortly. It needs to be a Toyota system. No aftermarket clunky keyfobs.

I have never seen a 24V keyless system (TVSS or RS3200). Did Toyota ever install keyless on 24V vehicles?

Last edited:
I don't think there is a specific 24v receiver. Im getting the same thing done on my HJ61 and the shop is using a 24-12v reducer to be compatible. same with an aftermarket radio and GPS tracker. It seems easier to use a dedicated reducer for each rather than 24v dedicated parts, which are either inferior or non-existent in my research.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion as well. I don't think there is a 24V TVSS. All the diagrams referencing TVSS are in the "light duty" section, which I believe is 12V.

I am now in possession of a TVSS and a RS3000. I'm about to butcher up the RS3000 to make it work in the 77.

I had considered going aftermarket, but I just want that old school Toyota fob. If I could get an old school retro Toyota fob working with a new school keyless entry system, I might consider that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom