24v Aux Fuel Tank Level Gauge Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new Aux Diesel tank for my 1993 HJ75 Troopy LHD. It's a 24v system.

I need a way to know my aux fuel level using the factory 24v fuel float sending unit on the Aux tank. Preferably also have the transfer switch on same pod, but not necessary. The Aux tank size is equivalent to a main tank HjZ77 (so I can get that sender size OEM).

I know that Long Range Automotive (LRA) has a little transfer switch with LED level indicator- I can can get one of those- but the issue is : Matching impedance from the fuel sending unit float and voltage of the system. I'm not sure if the impedance is adjustable (for empty and full) and if the LED can handle 24v power.

The switches and LED indicator that are used by LRA seem to be all 12v. Here is a picture of the 12v one used by LRA kits. I think Toyota had a dash mount pod for top of dash for the aux fuel, but not sure available.

Anyone conquered this with their builds?
IMG_5650.JPG

Have you considered the updated 70 gauge cluster with a sub-tank gauge inside? It's for the old style dash but was updated a bit. That might fix things on the gauge side. A bit more work figuring out the wiring but it will look better in multiple ways. It's what I bought and plan on trying to use. I snagged mine from eBay Australia.

FYI, my LRA/Apexus switch gauge (as shown) has the following specs:

IMG_4882.jpeg

FYI, my LRA/Apexus switch gauge (as shown) has the following specs:

Part #?

Nevermind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom