23 mpg over 600 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey @muddybean, I'll take your photo above and raise you this one:

IMG_2729.JPG

That's a legit 75.2 miles on a half tank of gas!!! Up and over Guenella Pass, Argentine Pass, then Webster/Red Cone. So probably about 10-15 off road miles, and the rest high elevation climbing.

muddy bean
what tires are you running at that pressure?
have you confirmed your mpg with a GPS?

I envy you. I'm solid on 17 ½ mpg out of a tank on average. I live outside the city (10 miles out) so my drive usually take me on the backroad. Easy to maintain 17-18 mpg.

When going on family vacation, I'm usually at 17-18 on average. More loaded though -- wife, two teenagers and their extra luggages. The best I got was 20.7 on a tank with the recent trip coming out of Indiana.

Your 23 mpg means you're saving some $15 - $25 on a full tank over most of us.

muddy bean
what tires are you running at that pressure?
have you confirmed your mpg with a GPS?

BFG something's. On vacation at the lake this week and don't have the truck. I have a photo of the tires somewhere here. GPS verified. Read the whole thread, I think my tire size and type is listed somewhere as well as another gps verified hypermile trip.

ah ha!
your broken front diff is def helping you
your smaller than stock tires however are working against you
good stuff

Wolffo, FYI, if you read a couple posts up, I repeated the 600 mile tank with my diff repaired and everything hooked back up. I'm convinced the disconnect made no appreciable difference in my numbers. That concurs with the general consensus on MUD by others who have tested the theory. Just goes to show that having manual hubs in this situation is pointless from an efficiency standpoint.

Reactions: uHu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom