2020 TRD Pro Seat Belt Chime Disable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up our new to us 2020 TRD Pro, that we’re absolutely in love with, except for one thing:
I searched the threads on this topic, but didn’t find anything. I figured there would be a ton of people looking into this…
I HATE THE SEATBELT CHIME. I want it gone. Before you jump in and tell me to wear my seatbelt: don’t waste your breath. I have a lot of places I cruise at lower speeds, have to get in and out… it’s my business- not yours.
Now- with that out of the way- has anyone found a way to kill this ridiculous feature? I hear the dealer won’t do it. I’ve heard you can buy a programmer to change it, and I’m not really interested in that either. I tried to unplug the damn buckle wires, and it tripped the airbag system. Anyone tried cutting the plug and wiring it together? Adding in a resistor maybe? Currently looking into buckle extenders, but they all look cheaply made, and I don’t trust them on the highway.
HELP!! 🙂

A friend had Techstream software to do mine. Cheaper solution if you don’t know of anyone with it is to use a seatbelt extender to shut it up.

Amazon product ASIN B0BBKWB6DV
1686934555712.png

I used Carista and turned it off. I wear my seatbelt. I just hate when I first get in and it’s chiming at me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom