2020 Toyota Land Cruiser vs. 2020 Lexus LX 570 Suspension Flex Test: A 200-Series Frame-Twist Battle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't seen anything conclusive yet whether AHC moves forward or is discontinued on the new LX 600/LX 750h
After 2 generations and an increasing number of “luxury” big 3 pieces of junk offering adjustable and load leveling suspensions, I would be very surprised if it’s retired.

After 2 generations and an increasing number of “luxury” big 3 pieces of junk offering adjustable and load leveling suspensions, I would be very surprised if it’s retired.

Exactly. Everything has adjustable suspension. From Tesla to Tahoe to MB and LR.

I still want bounce off-road mode.

I am doubtful it would be discontinued as well but system would likely go through some evolutionary improvements as what appears to have happened with system between 100 and 200 series. The KDSS system of course on 300 series LCs has some notable electronic improvements but haven't deep dived into it like others here may have.

Has there ever been where AHC is exclusive to Lexus and not seen on any Toyota LC worldwide?

I don't see this in brochures but according to this Slee article it was optional on LC in 2006 and 2007

• Active Height Control Suspension (AHC) is introduced as optional equipment. "

I don't see this in brochures but according to this Slee article it was optional on LC in 2006 and 2007

• Active Height Control Suspension (AHC) is introduced as optional equipment. "
Right, in past, AHC was available as an option on worldwide LCs (and maybe here in USA as per brochure above). But i don’t think that there has ever been AHC being exclusive to ONLY Lexus LX. Right now, LC300 does NOT have AHC anywhere in the world. So, for Lexus LX to have AHC, it is going to be exclusive…and i wonder how much R&D Toyota is willing to throw in just for the Lexus brand.

Right, in past, AHC was available as an option on worldwide LCs (and maybe here in USA as per brochure above). But i don’t think that there has ever been AHC being exclusive to ONLY Lexus LX. Right now, LC300 does NOT have AHC anywhere in the world. So, for Lexus LX to have AHC, it is going to be exclusive…and i wonder how much R&D Toyota is willing to throw in just for the Lexus brand.
98 to 03 the LX470 had it, but the LC didn’t.

It would be extremely foolish of them to not provide some form of adjustable suspension.
If I were shopping, I wouldn't even consider the LX if thats the case.
EVERYONE has a form of adjustable suspension, pretty good ones actually. Would Toyota remove a staple of the platform?
I wouldn't put it past them though. They do make some terrible moves.

It would be extremely foolish of them to not provide some form of adjustable suspension.
If I were shopping, I wouldn't even consider the LX if thats the case.
EVERYONE has a form of adjustable suspension, pretty good ones actually. Would Toyota remove a staple of the platform?
I wouldn't put it past them though. They do make some terrible moves.
I agree esp since LC300 high end models seems to have a pretty low nose. So, i can’t imagine LX300 predator grill will be any better. Need AHC to be able to raise it up for off-roading.

But i can see Toyota thru cost management cutting out AHC. The new fancy electronic KDSS may be good enough. The only negative to KDSS is the lack of kneeling for entry. Maybe the new KDSS will have some sort of feature to prevent sagging when towing?? If so, then maybe Toyota figured that AHC is not needed? AHC does come with its own set of issues and maintenance difficulty.

I agree esp since LC300 high end models seems to have a pretty low nose. So, i can’t imagine LX300 predator grill will be any better. Need AHC to be able to raise it up for off-roading.

But i can see Toyota thru cost management cutting out AHC. The new fancy electronic KDSS may be good enough. The only negative to KDSS is the lack of kneeling for entry. Maybe the new KDSS will have some sort of feature to prevent sagging when towing?? If so, then maybe Toyota figured that AHC is not needed? AHC does come with its own set of issues and maintenance difficulty.

Thats it though, its become a question of the core fundamentals for what the LX is going to be.

We can see the direction Toyota is taking the 300, but with its absence in the US the LX has to compete exclusively in that totally different market.
In addition, they have the LM coming which fulfills a-lot of the LXs civilian demands.
What is there left for the LX other than than to be the LC 300 we all want it to be?

While I agree the KDSS makes sense for the LC since its practically maintenance free it probably wont cut it for exactly those reasons, towing and lift.
Because if those two things are not considered, why even bring the LX to the USA? What role does it serve anymore?

The LX600 and LX750h haven't even been formally announced yet. Making assumptions about the non-existence of a feature is useless speculation. There will be fireworks to come, as Toyota/Lexus has to. The world is moving on with game changing technology. For a halo model not to bring out all the stops wouldn't make sense to me at least. AHC has been a defining capability over two generations already and a key reason why I've owned the LX470 and LX570. I wouldn't consider another LX without it. Or at least a new generation technology substitution. E-KDSS that decouples sway bars isn't close to the same thing.

Thats it though, its become a question of the core fundamentals for what the LX is going to be.

We can see the direction Toyota is taking the 300, but with its absence in the US the LX has to compete exclusively in that totally different market.
In addition, they have the LM coming which fulfills a-lot of the LXs civilian demands.
What is there left for the LX other than than to be the LC 300 we all want it to be?

While I agree the KDSS makes sense for the LC since its practically maintenance free it probably wont cut it for exactly those reasons, towing and lift.
Because if those two things are not considered, why even bring the LX to the USA? What role does it serve anymore?
I agree. Once LM/LQ comes out, i am not sure WHO would still buy LX. Most (99%?)Lexus owners don’t off-road. People who want a nice SUV with off-road capabilities will look elsewhere…GMC AT4s, Land Rover Range Rover/Defender, and maybe even the next Sequoia or Lexus GX next gen.

Dan putting up numbers from the new play things on the market. LC and LX still holding their own. Wonder what the 300-series does.

1639899168572.png

Figure it's a good time to update my aggregate leaderboard

'18 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JLUR (bar off): 724
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JLUR (bar off): 718
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JKUR (last gen, bar off): 687
Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Edition: 661
Ford Bronco First Edition 35" tires (bar off): 648
'17 Toyota Land Cruiser: 647
'17 Lexus LX570 (AHC normal): 645
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (bar off): 607
'17 Ford Rapter Supercab:603
Ram 1500 TRX: 602