2019 Passenger door latch/handle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nor_cal_cyclist

GOLD Star
Threads
My 2019 mysteriously refused to open from the inside handle last night. Wife and I tried several times to lock/unlock, and only releases from the outside (cool - now I have a "Creeper Panel Van setup" :rolleyes:)

Any suggestions short of take it to the dealer?

Does the handle feel like the other doors when pulling? Meaning can you feel the usual resistance? Or does it seem like the cable that connects the handle to the mechanism might be disconnected?

Front door or back door?
Back door has child lock that might of got switched.

Does the handle feel like the other doors when pulling? Meaning can you feel the usual resistance? Or does it seem like the cable that connects the handle to the mechanism might be disconnected?
Front passenger - feels like there is some resistance, but don't get the "click" to release.

Ok...took the interior panel off, removed the actual latch and re-connected the cable. Re-assembled everything, and still nothing. :bang::mad::bang::bang:

Any other ideas/suggestions? Outside handle works, but inside level won't release the door latch???

If you have the latch on the bench give it an operational check. Should be able to simulate the nader pin triggering, then releasing.

I've torn these mechanisms apart before and it isn't easy. Also they are generally pretty foolproof..

Any idea why the cable would have come loose and apparently door latch messed up? Were mods done inside the door? Not a common thing for us..

If you have the latch on the bench give it an operational check. Should be able to simulate the nader pin triggering, then releasing.

I've torn these mechanisms apart before and it isn't easy. Also they are generally pretty foolproof..

Any idea why the cable would have come loose and apparently door latch messed up? Were mods done inside the door? Not a common thing for us..
Wife was PISSED at me and slammed the door closed hard enough to snap the cable loose. :confused:

Guess I tear it apart again in the morning...

Here's an update - took the interior panel off again this morning and found BOTH the cables had come loose again (this time at the handle side, so I didnt have to completly remove the latch mechanism). Must have been an ID-10T user error, not getting the cable into the guides correctly. Got it put back together and working. :beer:

70837648766__F1BE2057-AF33-44ED-8467-0FE05C78EDC1.jpeg

70837673294__BF095E61-2694-4721-AAE3-19CF462A0F39.jpeg

My single biggest complaint about Toyota as a company, from the perspective of someone that works on their cars, is that they still use the stupid plastic sheet and urethane goo to seal door internals. So frustrating to deal with in an orderly and reliable way.

Glad you got it figured out though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom