2011 LC, driver door handle not touch unlocking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried searching for this issue, but I'm new here and am struggling with the search function.
My driver side door handle touch sensor is not unlocking the doors, all other handles are working. the proximity sensor is working for the driver door because the interior lights turn on when I approach, but grabbing the handle doesn't unlock.

fob lock/unlock works fine, unlocks all doors with no problems, its just the touch sensor on the driver door?

I've read about changing the lock actuator, but haven't seen a guide about it. even saw one post about changing the motor inside. would those potentially work? or is it something different if the door locks/unlocks normally otherwise?

Any update?

I have the Same issue. I had recently had the body shop paint the door and now it’s not working can’t find much info out there. The door lock and unlocks with remote and the door but I cannot seem to get the touch sensor to work.
I had the shop look at it and they said it might be a programming function but still not working.

Have you tried going in via Techstream to see if that setting is enabled/disabled? No idea if paint shop disconnected the battery, or if a battery disconnect could even change this setting (i.e., from a custom setting back to default), but worth a try before moar parts throwing. Primarily, however, I'd be looking at ways in which a paint job could muck something up. No idea if paint *could* disrupt static/induction (whatever magic it is), unless they used lead paint. I've opened mine with gloves on, so that does not feel right.

I don’t remember how it was done (a member had that part of the manual directly for me) but maybe the way how the doors react changed by accident while disconnecting the battery or just sitting in the wrong position on the key like I did probably.
So try to get into the car, unlock and then hold lock and unlock in the same time for like 5s and you should hear some kind of beeping. That maybe helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom