2019 LX Driver Seat Getting Hot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tuesday we went to get burgers for dinner. My mistake for letting my wife put the drinks on the floor behind the drivers seat. Of course, the first turn I made they tipped over and two of the three drinks spilled out completely. Fortunately it was just water, but they spilled it towards the driver side passenger door and drivers seat.

Wednesday I worked from home so I didn’t drive the LX at all.

Thursday I leave for work and about 5 minute in my seat feels warm. Then it gets really warm, but the heater isn’t on. It seems to come in and out. Then, it becomes really noticeable. There is no way the heater isn’t on but it doesn’t have lights on and I cycle through just to be sure.

Today, same thing. The seat is getting so warm I have to turn on the ventilation to keep my lower back and butt from getting so hot.

Do you think the spilled water caused some sort of short?

Entirely plausible that it did. You could just unplug the connector to the seat to disable it until you can fix it or get it fixed.

I do think so.
This usually happens when you have a sunroof leak or windshield leak, pretty s***ty it happens with a cup of water, but from what I've been told on here Toyota wiring is perfect and doesn't need any protection but that's another story...

I would pull the Seat Climate Control ECU from the underside of your seat, put seat all the way forward and you can reach it.
Little black box in center of seat on underside, one connector.
I say to do this because those suckers can and will burn, ask me how I know, oh and they are around $300, if you can find one.

Then, get a fan or two in the truck to dry things out.

Then cross your fingers that the terminals don't start to corrode, they will though.

B313125E02.png

The terminals that will corrode are in the junction box EK2, but hey, this is just my assumption, good luck.
Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 7.54.16 AM.png

Disregard if the 2019 LX is different then shown.

Last edited:
****in-a

That sucks. I guess I’ll try to pull them and look for corrosion or anything else that might be obvious.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try to update if I remember to.

The seat climate ECU is probably not wet, and if you can’t find it, you can also remove the 4 bolts holding the seat rails to the floor and roll seat back, then it will be easier to unplug, at least to get it to stop heating.

you’ll want to pull the trim pieces along the door and dry out the area where the electrical junctions in th A pillar are as well as possible. Only takes a few minutes to pop the door sill and the kick panel (you may have to pull the trim panel under the steering wheel first (Haven’t done it in a while, but I had a leak on passenger side so am familiar with getting those areas dry.) Also note that a primary component for the infotainment (amplifier) is under the drivers seat bolted to the floor under the carpet (see all the lime green cables going to drivers seat location above, that is what they plug in to), you may want to check on that, if it was a lot of water. The carpet is waterproof as far as I can tell, but has lots of holes in it, including a large opening for the amp.

you’ll want to pull the trim pieces along the door and dry out the area where the electrical junctions in th A pillar are as well as possible. Only takes a few minutes to pop the door sill and the kick panel
THIS.

Very easy to do, and most likely where the drinks pooled, being the lowest point fluids can drain to. And yes, there is a harness connector there as Leaky pointed out.

f***in-a

That sucks. I guess I’ll try to pull them and look for corrosion or anything else that might be obvious.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try to update if I remember to.
Don’t loose sleep over it, get it dried out and you’ll probably be fine. Once isn’t gonna wreck the connections, hopefully.

If it was me, I would disconnect the battery, unplug the big junction box and dry it out then apply some dielectric grease, but that’s me. Cause you don’t want this, see photo.
35296EFE-FD35-40A2-A219-1D91509E7AAF.png
F201C23D-CC6B-48EC-950E-941A59E89B4F.jpeg

This is the seat climate control ecu, it didn’t get wet but shorted out due to the junction box getting wet.

Don’t loose sleep over it, get it dried out and you’ll probably be fine. Once isn’t gonna wreck the connections, hopefully.
Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom