2018 Sequoia. . . finally updated, a little (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found out today that Toyota is finally updating the Sequoia for 2018, kind of. After 10 years, you'd think they'd either update it more or get rid of it all together. But for those who are curious attached is a picture of the 2018 TRD Sport model.

IMG_1162.JPG

Mild headlight and bumper updates...is that it?

Not that I mind. Just means that mine still looks pretty new.

My understanding is that the model pictured is the new TRD Sport model, which has darkened accents, special wheels, interior trim, sway bars and Bilstein shocks. However, all 2018 Sequoias are getting an updated grill, headlights, fog lights, multi information instrument cluster and lane departure alert, pedestrian detection, radar cruise control and auto high beam. Even the base SR5 is receiving these safety updates which some were only previously available on the Platinum.

Last edited:
In my opinion, these are all minor tweaks that should have taken place In 2011. A third generation Sequoia should have been introduced by now.

should have been updated along with the Tundra, same front Fascia would make it much more appealing, at least to me

should have been updated along with the Tundra, same front Fascia would make it much more appealing, at least to me
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. But it's too bad Toyota doesn't.

By the way, if you haven't checked it out before, do a search for Sequoias with Tundra front end conversions. Attached is a picture I found online of a converted Sequoia.

IMG_7978.JPG

^^^ That looks hot... Wow... it's perfect.

showed that to my wife (cause we are currently looking at sequoia/LCs... for more seats) and got the green light lol
so now i need to do some research

only thing we thought looked off was that front and rear fender openings dont "match"
but I was thinking about some some Warrior products style fender flares and have the rear overlap the body panel a bit so they would match a bit better.

showed that to my wife (cause we are currently looking at sequoia/LCs... for more seats) and got the green light lol
so now i need to do some research

only thing we thought looked off was that front and rear fender openings dont "match"
but I was thinking about some some Warrior products style fender flares and have the rear overlap the body panel a bit so they would match a bit better.
You are correct regarding the difference in the wheel arches from the front to rear. On the 14+ Tundras, the front arches appear to be more square and higher. I just have a feeling that fender flares won't be enough to change the shape to match unless you have something custom made.

And speaking of custom, I wonder if it is possible to do something to the rear of the Sequoias to square the wheel arches. I've seen modified cars, dropped on airbags, with modified wheel arches that were reshapened. Even though a Sequoia is the opposite of a lowered car, I wonder if the same technique can be used to change the shape of the rear wheel arches. Just a thought, no clue if it'll work or what's involved.

For those interested in a Sequoia with the updated Tundra front end, and don't want to do the conversion yourself, I noticed the pictured 2010 Sequoia SR5 (already converted) posted on Craigslist in Houston for $22,500 if anyone is interested.

IMG_1621.JPG

Im sure this is still not available however I am interested & will be looking! It looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom