2017 5th Gen Runner Build G$ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Definitely whiter and brighter. Getting flashed by oncoming vehicles? With the brighter bulbs I put in I get flashed once or twice a night. The cut off line hasn't changed it's just brighter but the stock bulb was a joke to where people riding with me would tell me to turn on my headlights. Would like to compare the H9's I dropped in to the LED's and see the difference. The longevity of the LED's would be worth it if they are at least comparable and a no brainer if they are better.

I've been running the same H11 LED units in my Subaru for 8 months now and they seem to be fine. No noticed changes in brightness and don't get flashed.

Right now I'm running LED passenger and incandescent driver sides. Flashing I don't think would be a problem with that setup and I wanted to see the difference. I will definately be sticking with these LEDs.
The dealership did get back to me with some aftermarket LED solution for the headlights that was $399 installed but no details on the product. I can get the stock LED fog lights for about $100.

Snorkel and TRD intake now complete.
20210207_150956.jpg
20210207_173429.jpg
20210210_210259.jpg

That was not addressed in the instructions so either I got lucky or they are not located in that spot :oops: The hard part was committing to drilling the A pillar though, I can always get another fender so those holes weren't as stressful to make.

Very nice.
As long as the A pillar is not bent in the process of the drilling and you only had to go through one layer the structural integrity should still be good. What did they use to connect? Plastic clips or something?

Is there a general airflow advantage to the aftermarket TRD box? Or was it easier to connect into that for the snorkel?

Just the first layer on the A pillar. Plastic insert clips. I used Toyota FIPG over the clips and screws to seal it up like I did on my 80. TRD box just to clean up the engine bay removing all the resonator stuff and looks mainly, supposed to be better power, mileage, etc. but I seriously doubt it. Had to remove existing air box for the snorkel install so decided to do it all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom