2017 5th Gen Runner Build G$ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks really sweet! What would be on your "secondary" list of mods?!
TRD intake, snorkel, upgrade factory headlights, upgrade factory stereo and jump box instead of 2nd battery system.

We upgraded headlight bulbs in Mandy's 2015 and now everyone flashes their high beams at us. Turns out they were pointed down from the factory and really just needed an adjustment! A flat blade screw driver and 5 minutes would have saved some money!

We upgraded headlight bulbs in Mandy's 2015 and now everyone flashes their high beams at us. Turns out they were pointed down from the factory and really just needed an adjustment! A flat blade screw driver and 5 minutes would have saved some money!

I can try this first, thanks Jesse!

/offtopic

boss did buy a new bronco, so will get to play with it a little if they ever start shipping. Summer now for his now.

Even the 4.0 is weak in my opinion. For some reason the Nissan's all seem peppy though.
The chevys are more peppy too but that has more to do with the 8 speed automatic. Didn't realize the 4runners were 4.0 also only a 5 speed automatic? The tacos have 3.5 and 6 speed automatic or manual

I ordered a TRD Sport (don't like the off-road default suspension and rear locker) in September. It was cheaper to buy a new one that a 4-5 year old one with less than 40k miles. I couldn't believe that.

Upgraded the stereo system with the OEM Audio Plus plug and play package. All new speakers which were easy to swap in and subwoofer made to fit in the rear and out of the way. It has a plug and play harness to the factory head unit and an amp that mounted underneath the passenger seat. Much cleaner and tight sound but no deep lowrider bass. While doing this I added a backup camera to the tire swing out that was plug and play to my head unit as well and moved my ham antenna to the tire swing out as well (kept getting bent from brush and trees near the passenger A pillar). I still have to clean up the wire for the camera to make it cleaner and safer. Also added the Rago shelf that connects to the modular storage panels I have over the windows.

20201230_121520.jpg

20201230_121528.jpg

20201230_121619.jpg

For the headlights I just replaced the H11 bulbs with some H9's. $20 for the two and made a huge difference. They burn out quicker so I bought 4 at that price and will keep extras in the glove box. Got a kit that will kick on my fog lights with the high beams too, that should light things up better with my Baja Design floods I have as my fogs. Snorkel and intake on their way now too.

Looked at LEDs but there was so much back forth about the 5th gen housing not made for them with the lighting reflectors that I gave up. If these H9's don't last long I will revisit the LEDs.

Just wait, we're going back to electric cars and lights that burn fuel... The old timers had it down, the oil industry just brainwashed everyone!

Interested in this problems as well. I was supposed to get the LED headlight and fog light option with my Tacoma but they didn't put it on it.
I'm asking about getting them but haven't gotten a response yet. The non LED bulbs are pathetic.

What made you pick the BajaRack rack/brand?
https //bajarack.com/collections/4runner-g5/products/4runner-g5-trd-pro-oem-basket-rack-fits-factory-rack-2019-2020

Curious as I've been looking around (granted for the tacoma) and these options seem to be the best ones I've found.
https //www.victory4x4.com/product/VT23RK.html
https //www.southernstyleoffroad.com/product/05-tacoma-roof-rack/
https //prinsudesignstudio.com/product/2005-2019-toyota-tacoma-prinsu-cabrack/

The new bulbs are great but they won't last long. They are cheap though. Not sure on the LED and why people are saying our housing are not set up to use them properly. Light is light????

I got the rack as it fit factory holes and I liked the look and shape, it fit what I wanted it for. Small basket style.

I think the biggie with leds is getting something adjustable. The reflector shape plays in if the leds aren't pointing correctly.
A reflector is primarily reflecting up/ down, so if your leds are pointing sideways you may have issues.

I think the biggie with leds is getting something adjustable. The reflector shape plays in if the leds aren't pointing correctly.
A reflector is primarily reflecting up/ down, so if your leds are pointing sideways you may have issues.
^^^ This

All that shiny stuff in there is design to reflect the light, LED vs Halo vs incident, etc shape the pattern of the forward light differently. You can get away with it, but how it hits the road based on design is different.

O/T driving in fog with with GTI and auto adjusting lights is trippy as you turn corners and go up and over short crests. :lol:

Here's a set of LED bulbs I got and the difference. Its a well lit area so the difference isn't quite as noticeable. The line is held fairly well by the LED bulb.
https //www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDYTGL
OEMvsLED.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom