2015 LX570 / Right Outside Mirror Adjuster/Actuator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen many threads about the folding mirror replacement, but that's not my issue. I have a 2015 LX570 and the right-side mirror adjuster/actuator clicks when I attempt to move the mirror up/down (also in reverse). This is obviously something related to the mirror adjuster/actuator that positions the mirror with up/down/left/right button inputs.

I can't seem to find the actuator as a spare part on US websites? I found this part number online: 87908-60B40 and that appears to be a valid number for the adjuster/actuator itself, but it's from Japan.

Anyone have any luck with this uncommon failure without replacement of the entire mirror support?

I have, it’s internal to the adjuster itself. Looks like there is a part number for the US market and I ordered it just now.

I've noticed that if I'm not careful with the high pressure carwash spray, I can force the mirrors out of adjustment.. and importantly, that the vehicle thinks I'm still in adjustment. Meaning I suspect there is some kind of slippage built into the mechanism to protect the motors and such.. and that this not being zeroed means it may have lost some of its travel and if it hits the end of that travel won't move in one direction.

Suggestion: adjust the mirror as far as you can go in the direction you want to, then see whether the electric controls now can get you dialed in. This process will create clicks as it moves but as far as I can tell that's built into the system to protect itself.

I've noticed that if I'm not careful with the high pressure carwash spray, I can force the mirrors out of adjustment.. and importantly, that the vehicle thinks I'm still in adjustment. Meaning I suspect there is some kind of slippage built into the mechanism to protect the motors and such.. and that this not being zeroed means it may have lost some of its travel and if it hits the end of that travel won't move in one direction.

Suggestion: adjust the mirror as far as you can go in the direction you want to, then see whether the electric controls now can get you dialed in. This process will create clicks as it moves but as far as I can tell that's built into the system to protect itself.

Also when i recently tried to fix mine, i jostled it around quite a bit pressing it back on. It clicked all over and i did the above out of precaution once i realized its way off normal view angle. Centered it by hand where it used to be and all my motor controls were full range.

Still wobbles too much though, and oddly, the driver fold in is a second slower than passenger. Yeah, i noticed lol. Such is a madman’s curse.

I wonder if thats normal? Maybe someone smashed it at some point and all that is related.

I'm noticing my side view mirrors are not tilting down when engaging reverse... any suggestions? 2013 lx

I'm noticing my side view mirrors are not tilting down when engaging reverse... any suggestions? 2013 lx
Put the mirror adjust selector back into the L or R position. It should start working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom