Builds 2014 tacoma flatbed build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a 2014 AC 4x4. I have owned a few Toyota pickups but never a 2nd gen. I am pretty excited.

This is going to be a fun build.

I am picking it up this weekend and I started ordering parts ASAP.

Here is the build:

First, it is getting a UTE LTD flatbed, should be here by Friday.

Next OME suspension.
I will be running an ARB bumper and a winch. I am going to go with 2886 coils upfront.
The rear will be about 60/40 mix of unloaded to loaded. I think a stock Tacoma bed is about 350lbs. UTE LTD. says the flatbed is 250lbs. I was thinking the mediums might be sufficient. I do not want to ride around with the rear 2" higher when unloaded. Trying to maintain a close to factory rake.

I also went ahead and ordered new bushings and UCA's and bump stops.

Initially, I was thinking I would run 255/85/16. I have read they rub on the 2nd gen. I am now on the hunt for the tallest thinnest 265/75/16 ha ha

The truck will see a good amount of HWY going from A to B. Then it will spend alot of time offroad, logging roads, MTS, snow, mud, etc. It will not be used to rock crawl or jump sand dunes.

Thanks

2nd Gen Tacos are the best. Looking forward to the flat bed version.

curious about tires.
I have always used cooper and lately falken. I am thinking about trying something different on this truck.

Thinking Yokohama x-at or go15, Toyo at3, Grabber atx, Hankook AT2 any feedback?

Finally got it all accomplished, Hit a few speedbumps but all in all I am pretty satisfied. I still might try and redo the fuel neck

6F8A777A-74F3-4CAC-A776-0B07A71DE872_1_105_c.jpeg

I’m curious on the UTE Bed.. What to the rear tail light look like? (It looks like you kept the stock bumper.) Also, when you redo the fuel neck, add photos. I have been wondering how it looks before and after a conversion.
Thanks.

On a side note, I run Cooper ST Maxx 255 80 17 and are only 10” wide. I only had rub after the suspension was tired, and only on occasion when turning. (It would just barely catch the plastic in the fender well) I also just recently upgraded to Dobinson’s suspension and I am really liking it. I only went 2.5” lift because I have heard the 2nd Gen Tacoma’s start getting vibration issues.

Your rig is looking good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom