2014 200 driver door lock not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else experience this? Driver door won't lock/unlock with fob OR with the interior door lock switch. Door can only be locked/unlocked manually with the actual door lock by handle. All other door locks function normal, everything else appears to be working as normal. This is a recent issue, never had a problem before.

I believe you need a door actuator replaced.
From what I read, the cleaning agents (armor all, etc) cause the door actuators to fail.
Think this is the part # 69030-42230. Ebay has them.

Happened to me on 2016 200. Door actuator. Driver door failed; passenger within the same week. I had the dealership replace both (unfortunately just out of warranty).

There are some posts on this forum that show how to just replace the actuator motor (at a much cheaper price), but I wasn't up for that.

Anyone else experience this? Driver door won't lock/unlock
There is likely a small motor in the actuator that has failed. Don’t be surprised if this also fails on other doors over the coming months.
The actuators can be replaced (or repaired by replacing the motor) DIY. There are at least a couple threads describing this process.

There is likely a small motor in the actuator that has failed. Don’t be surprised if this also fails on other doors over the coming months.
The actuators can be replaced (or repaired by replacing the motor) DIY. There are at least a couple threads describing this process.
And a year later...front passenger door does the same thing. :bang:

And a year later...front passenger door does the same thing. :bang:

Cheap DIY using motors…4 motors are $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom