2013 Toyota Sequoia limited build thread (1 Viewer)

Which Expedition One bumper to choose?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Expo 1 front bumper bolted right up. No problems.
Thanks for the feed back! I talked to a local Toyota off-road shop. They recommend replacing my coils, struts, and shocks to deal with the weight of a bumper and winch. This opens all kinds of questions: is it worth putting putting $7,500 into the Sequoia? Do I even need a winch? If I put these shocks/coils in, am I going to get body-roll or will the butt sag while towing the 2400-2700 lbs trailer?

Or should I be figuring out how to convert to a Land Cruiser? I'm torn, I'm really happy with the Sequoia. And, I'd like to spend a ton of weekends overlanding the Rockies. Are those compatible?

I'm a veteran backpacker - I love the mountains. Backpacking with my wife and 3 kids under 7 hasn't been an option. So I've spent the last 7 summers camping outside the Sequoia, deep in some National Forest, with a giant tent, an air mattress for my wife and fold up bunkbeds for my little kids. I've logged a lot of miles on forest roads and backwoods, done some training with Bill Burke (bb4wa), crawling adventures in rented Jeeps in Nevada - but I'm a 4x4 novice and I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to upgrading my tow vehicle. My goal is just to go far and come back safely/reliably.

Thanks for any advice!
-- Chris

Hey Chris. I completely get you. Best to discuss everything your facing or looking at so as to cover all options. I can share some of my experiences with newer and older Toyota platforms. Tundra, sequoia, land cruiser 80 and 200 series.

I'll PM you my number and feel free to give me a call and I would be happy to provide my recommendations, insights, experiences and other reputable resources so you can make the best informed decision for you and your family and be safe and not financially burdened either.

Thanks.
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom