2013-2015 Headlight retrofit/blackout (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After trying the search, I figured I’d make a post. I’m a big fan of black headlight housings and was wondering if anyone here has completed a blackout/hid retrofit (high beam) on their 2013-2015 LC. I guess the 2008-2011 crew applies too if you’ve done the projector retrofit/blackout.

this is something I’m considering doing in the future and just wanted to see if it had been done. We can’t just black out the housing since the high beam uses a halogen bulb with reflector, so that would need to be converted to a projector.

While this isn’t HIGH on my priority list, it is something I’ll probably attempt in the next 3-6 months.
Thoughts?

Also, I do not want to get aftermarket headlights as I find the quality of OEM lights to be far superior.

Lightwerkz has done projector retrofit and blackout conversions for a few of my other high-end vehicles. Although I never had issues, I believe one of the members here reported that one of their housing leaked due to inadequate resealing.

Last edited:
Someone here did what you're asking for and I can't find the thread for some reason. Looked real good though

Someone here did what you're asking for and I can't find the thread for some reason. Looked real good though
I’ll keep searching. Would be great just to see how they did it.
I’ll try to do a DIY thread if I do mine.

I’ll keep searching. Would be great just to see how they did it.
I’ll try to do a DIY thread if I do mine.
The thread that comes to mind for me was not DIY

Slightly off-tpic, but can anyone confirm that pre-2013 headlights are actually different in size, mounting points, etc. than pre-2013 headlights?

There is definitely a thread where a guy shipped his headlights off. I think they maintained the stock projector and retrofitted HID and maybe blacked out as well.

this guy did a diy post on using hid from an RX to retrofit. this is what I would do on a rainy day if I cared enough to upgrade my headlight.

Thanks for that link.
I think I’m going to give it a go. I found a projector for the high beam that will either look really cool or really stupid. Haha. Going to risk it. Also will probably black them out too.

Make sure you do a nice write up...and find us some cheap parts to use.

I did a bixenon projector mod on a 100 series, and it wasn't a horrible project.

It was a little nerve wracking getting the lenses off (gently heated in the oven to loosen the sealant) but not super difficult.

I got the parts from TRS (The Retrofit Source) and used Morimoto projectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom