2012 Post DIY Valley Cooling Plate Repair CEL P0420 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How goes the battle?
Well I still own it and haven’t given up just yet. I did find a small leak at the exhaust manifold flange just before the o2. Got that fixed as well as the opposite end of that pipe. Drove it for the weekend and the P0420 came back. Tested both sensors again and watched a bunch of data on the scanner. Showed a few different “mechanics” my results and I’m getting mixed answers. Decided to break out the smoker. Tested thru the exhaust pipe, thru the egr, and thru the intake. I did see a little wisp of smoke coming from the little hole on the side of the EGR valve. It was hard to photograph but you can a little bit of smoke in that hole if you zoom in. I’m guessing that’s unaccounted air coming in but no EGR valve code. Probably throw more parts at it and replace that. Im running out of options the next stop will be getting bent over at the dealership
FB76B385-A8F3-4A03-8174-9A1F529A3103.jpeg

Were you thinking of replacing the EGR valve?

I know not a cheap part to throw at it

25620-38240​

Were you thinking of replacing the EGR valve?

I know not a cheap part to throw at it

25620-38240​

I am thinking of replacing it. It is one of the components I removed to fix the VCPL, it is a cause on the list for the code, and seeing a little bit of smoke from the tester come out sort of adds up. I did remove it and used roughly 3 cans of carb cleaner. I couldn’t break the two screws loose on the plastic cap to test the valve without stripping or braking the plastic so I threw it back together hoping that cleaning would help. What’s your suggestion?

While I try to avoid the parts cannon... it has shown to be an obscure failure point over the years for some issues.
I want to test the Bank 1 sensor 2 harness to the ECU. Do you have a diagram similar to what you posted earlier for Bank 1 sensor 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom