2011 LX Speaker/Amp Blown? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2011 LX, the middle row passenger side speaker is popping and sounding like static randomly. Even with the audio in off mode. I'm not huge into stereo systems and search isn't producing much for me so I thought I'd ask.

We recently had a good dumping of rain, which along with a blocked sunroof drain channel caused water to get down into the connectors by the driver foot well area. That caused the alarm to go haywire and the fog lights wouldn't turn off. I'm not sure if this speaker issue is fallout from the water intrusion issue. I unclogged the sunroof drain and used a hair dryer to dry out the foot well connectors and all has been good since. Except now this speaker is clicking and popping like none other randomly.

I'm not versed on how the LX is setup with its sound system but we've been happy with the way it sounds. So I'd like to repair instead of replace. Anyone know what we may be dealing with? Is the speaker dead? Or is it a dead amplifier that is driving the speaker? Thanks for the input!

Might be worth checking the connectors in that area for corrosion. Some people have reported that after water intrusion. It can wreak havoc on random parts of the electrical system. Any chance the amp under the driver seat got wet too?

Didn't know there was an amp under the driver seat! Very possible. The driver's carpet was pretty soaked initially when I found that the sunroof drain was clogged. Is the amp under the drive seat the only one that drives all of the speakers in the vehicle?

Didn't know there was an amp under the driver seat! Very possible. The driver's carpet was pretty soaked initially when I found that the sunroof drain was clogged. Is the amp under the drive seat the only one that drives all of the speakers in the vehicle?
Yes.

Sounds good, appreciate the response! You think with the audio being in "off" mode and still hearing the popping & clicking, would that lend it self to being an amp issue over a speaker?

It could be. The speaker out connectors are separate from the power/signal connectors.
A speaker can be made to scratch with relatively low voltage.
The mark levinson amp is a dense piece of gear. 12 channels of management in a pretty small footprint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom