2011 Head Gasket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! Noob here. I recently bought my dream. A 2011 with 170,000 miles from an auction. Clean carfax, maintenance done every 5k miles, super clean, everything works, drives great. Got a cylinder 8 misfire code, changed the coil, plug looks good. Now I'm getting white smoke with a faint smell of coolant. Has anyone had a head gasket issue with a 200 series? What else can it be? SUPER SAD!!!

Every once in a while a head gasket failure comes up on here, with often the suspect cause being a previous overheating episode. Pretty rare, though. White exhaust after warm up and coolant smell with misfire codes are symptoms of a head gasket leak. In the Toyota service history is there any record of a replaced radiator or other potential cause of overheating?

Is your cooling system still intact and fully functional? Water pump, radiator, hoses, etc? Seems like most that I read about started with a failure in the cooling system, usually water pump or radiator.

Every once in a while a head gasket failure comes up on here, with often the suspect cause being a previous overheating episode. Pretty rare, though. White exhaust after warm up and coolant smell with misfire codes are symptoms of a head gasket leak. In the Toyota service history is there any record of a replaced radiator or other potential cause of overheating?
It’s the original radiator.

Also check for coolant valley leak, that leak is super common around 150k and really can go unnoticed if the coolant level isn't checked regularly. My mechanic said that is often the leak that leads to an overheating condition because the coolant stays under the intake cover and hardens so it typically doesn't drip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom