2010 LX570 w/ 100K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I just picked up an used 2010 LX570 from Carmax and got her inspected at a local Lexus dealer. They recommended power steering replacement due to seepage, rear shock replacement (both) due to left side leak, front sway bar end links replacement due to left seeping. Total is around 5k which Carmax is willing to replace since it's under Carmax warranty. I'm leaning towards keeping the car if Carmax is willing to do the work. Anything else I should be aware of? Lexus service said everything else looks good.

Thank you in advance!

A lot of Lexus techs will be new to AHC, reviewing the AHC thread and learning how to educate the service Mgr on ahc fluid mgmt and bleeding is a good idea. The rear shock top bolt is a real pita to get to.

Those things needing to be done on a 10 year old 100k lexus wouldn't really concern me. If Carmax will pay for it, get it done and enjoy another 100k.

Carmax initially said that the service manager had to approve all the work since it's a lot, but they replaced all the parts for free and I just flushed AHC fluid myself. Carmax only replaced one rear shock because the other wasn't leaking, but I brought up Lexus recommendation to replace both at the same time, they offered to replace it at cost (roughly $100). =)

Just curious was these things covered under the 90 day/4k miles warranty or the extended maxcare warranty?

Reactions: HGB
Just curious was these things covered under the 90 day/4k miles warranty or the extended maxcare warranty?

Yes, the repairs were covered under the 90 day warranty. My plan was to get it fixed and have lexus confirm the repairs within the first 7 days so I can return the car in the worst case scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom