2008 LC and Liftmaster HomeLink :: Can't Program :: Need Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a used 2008 Land Cruiser and a brand new garage door opener. Liftmaster 8355. How do I set the 3 buttons in the ceiling of the LC to open my new garage door opener? I have followed the instructions from 2008 LC manual. But no luck.

Held down the #1 and #3 button to erase any old programming. I hold my new remote right next to #1 button. I hold both forever...and all I get is a slow blinking Homelink red light.

Welcome any advice.

You'll also need to use the "learn" button on the garage door opener. You need to read both the opener manual on setting up Homelink as well as the LC manual. I forget which is needed first, but to get the rolling code set in the LC remote, you need to use that learn button somewhere on the door opener (not on the remote). All you've done so far is make the LC remote think it's the opener's remote. Now you need to get the remote to talk to the opener using the learn button.

OK Sandroad. You're right about hitting the Learn button on the actual opener. I need to sort out the rolling code. But I still can't get my 08 LC to acknowledge/recognize the Liftmaster remote. And all I read online says that that is step 1. Maddening.

I think it will work; your issues sounds just like what I had and I got mine to work. Play around with different sequences. I will say it took me longer to program the LC Homelink than on another vehicle of the last decade.

So I just got a nice surprise...

I made another attempt with mine...and it worked.
Tried a few years ago and no go.
What's interesting is that there's no learn button on my opener. Just a very out-dated remote with jumper switches, and matching jumper switches on the main unit.

What I had to do was keep holding my existing remote button down for about 5-10 seconds while I kept holding down the LC's button. It took about 5 tries, but it DID manage to work...and with no learn button on the main opener unit.

This is a pretty old opener, so I'm surprised--especially considering the jumper switch style.

I too have the chamberlain lift master WiFi and I can’t get it to work with my 2011 cruiser or my wife’s 2011 X5.

Last edited:
On our Liftmaster, there is a "Learn" button on the wall-mounted control panel. You push and hold it for a few seconds, then run to the vehicle and push the Homelink button until the ceiling light flashes.

To reset the system in your car, you hold down buttons 1 and 3 for 10 seconds till the red light flashes rapidly. That confirms that you’ve cleared any prior config from the system.

Scratched my previous comment, I looked it up on the LiftMaster site and an '08 LC and the 8355 should work without having to order the Homelink compatibility bridge.

Compatibility Bridge

Last edited:
So I just got a nice surprise...

I made another attempt with mine...and it worked.
Tried a few years ago and no go.
What's interesting is that there's no learn button on my opener. Just a very out-dated remote with jumper switches, and matching jumper switches on the main unit.

What I had to do was keep holding my existing remote button down for about 5-10 seconds while I kept holding down the LC's button. It took about 5 tries, but it DID manage to work...and with no learn button on the main opener unit.

This is a pretty old opener, so I'm surprised--especially considering the jumper switch style.

That is a very old unit! No rolling code, which they all have had for a long time, AFAIK. Glad you got it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom