2008-2011 lx570 front bumper options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There doesn’t appear to be a condensed thread on this topic. I’m considering purchasing one so I figured I’d write down what I’ve come across for others and invite feedback so I don’t errantly spend 1-2.5k on “the wrong bumper.”

08-11 appears to be a “1st gen” lx570.

Due to slight differences in the front end creating a pointier longer nose, the 1st gen lx570 doesn’t “agree” perfectly with bumpers designed for the land cruiser 200 series.

A lot of them will work…but most are not specially designed for it. Whether 16-20 or 08-15 type bumpers for lc200’s would agree with the front end of an 08-11 lx570 better is unclear…I assume the 08-15 ones would though.

The only front bumper I’ve found that seems specifically designed for the 1st gen lx570 (and perhaps face lifted 2012-2015 2nd gen) is the dissent high clearance front bumper.

There are various arb offerings that people have installed. As far as I can tell, any arb bumper designed for a 2008-2015 land cruiser will work with modifications. Stock tow points/arb recovery points seem to work with these bumpers.

Similarly, the tjm t13 seems to fit with modifications. It seems to come with integrated recovery points. It ends up quite tight to the hood (1” or so).

The Ironman offerings designed for the 08-15 land cruisers appear to work with modifications…though oem tow points/arb recovery points are not compatible. Ironman doesn’t sell recovery points for this bumper in the United States. People seem to use Toyota Tundra recovery points which hang down a bit under the vehicle with this bumper.

Dobinson’s bumper for the 08-15 land cruiser appears to work (based on photos I’ve seen on this site) with fewer body modifications than the other offerings. I do not know whether oem tow hooks/arb recovery points are compatible. I do not know whether these bumpers come with recovery points. One caveat to this is that some of the main modifications I see are “cuts” near the grill which allow the bumper to get tight to the vehicle…due to the extended pointy nose on the lx, if you’re not having to make these cuts, you may be getting away with less body work, but your bumper may also be sticking out a bit further than it otherwise could. Due to differences in how high or how tucked people choose to “mount” the bumper, this info could be incorrect however…it may be the case that you can make these “near the grill” cuts with a dobinson to get it closer.

Rhino 4x4 land cruiser bumpers appear to work with more modification than the other ones….also rhino 4x4 has made an lx570 specific bumper for a custom job but it’s not clear whether they plan to implement them for the market or if it was just a one off.

Cbi, I believe, has made a custom bumper for an lx570. I do not think this is available for purchase.

I have not seen a metal tech land cruiser bumper on an lx570 though I expect it would fit, albeit likely with moderate modification due to how tight it is to the body.

I’m not attaching photos I’ve come across of these various bumpers in lx570’s because they’re not my pictures. They can easily be found via the search function.

There may be bumpers I’ve missed…

From a pure aesthetics standpoint, you're never going to beat a bumper that is specifically made for your model (vs a LC bumper made to fit).

Dissent's bumper is made of aluminum so it does carry a slightly higher price tag, but you get a properly strong bumper without the weight. Comes with a lightbar center section, yet it can still support a winch, several other aux lighting options are available integrated into the bumper.

LX570-full-03.jpg

LX570-full-02.jpg

From a pure aesthetics standpoint, you're never going to beat a bumper that is specifically made for your model (vs a LC bumper made to fit).

Dissent's bumper is made of aluminum so it does carry a slightly higher price tag, but you get a properly strong bumper without the weight. Comes with a lightbar center section, yet it can still support a winch, several other aux lighting options are available integrated into the bumper.

View attachment 2823814

View attachment 2823815
Soooo clean!
Any contact issue w/ stock rear bumper on a hard trail?
Could you share the wheel name and tire size?
Love the bumper!

View attachment 2823814

View attachment 2823815
Yeh seconds on fit and finish. Very cool looking!

I have a white '13 I want to get done.

Did you get it done at a a local 4x4 shop? Any tricky install issues?

Have you checked clearance and approach angle differences from stock?

How much does it weigh?

Curious as to cost (you can PM me if that's better)

Are you going to get the rear done as well?

Thanks!

Yeh seconds on fit and finish. Very cool looking!

I have a white '13 I want to get done.

Did you get it done at a a local 4x4 shop? Any tricky install issues?

Have you checked clearance and approach angle differences from stock?

How much does it weigh?

Curious as to cost (you can PM me if that's better)

Are you going to get the rear done as well?

Thanks!

Full Disclosure, I work for Dissent, that LX in the photos is a customer vehicle.

The bumper is bolt-on and very doable by someone if you set aside a day and don't rush it. What usually intimidates people the most is cutting the factory plastic bumper cover (our bumper re-uses the very top portion of the factory cover to achieve a clean look). Taking your time and getting the appropriate tools you'll see it's not too bad and the supplied weatherstrip will completely hide any small deviations/mistakes in your cut.

It's an aluminum bumper (with steel frame brackets) so it's one of the lightest bumpers for the LX 570/LC200, we need to weigh it but our estimate is 65 lbs. The clearance and approach angle to stock cannot be compared, it's a night and day difference.

Full Disclosure, I work for Dissent, that LX in the photos is a customer vehicle.

The bumper is bolt-on and very doable by someone if you set aside a day and don't rush it. What usually intimidates people the most is cutting the factory plastic bumper cover (our bumper re-uses the very top portion of the factory cover to achieve a clean look). Taking your time and getting the appropriate tools you'll see it's not too bad and the supplied weatherstrip will completely hide any small deviations/mistakes in your cut.

It's an aluminum bumper (with steel frame brackets) so it's one of the lightest bumpers for the LX 570/LC200, we need to weigh it but our estimate is 65 lbs. The clearance and approach angle to stock cannot be compared, it's a night and day difference.

Dang! 65LB! that’s crazy~~

That looks awesome ! The oem rear bumper won't look the same after this install.

I really like the lines of the TJM for the 16+ LC, especially the angles of the verticals. I wonder if you could somehow fit to an LX? I prefer some additional protection with hoops for animal strikes.

What do you guys charge to install and how long does it take you to complete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom