2006 Tail Light Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

First thread, long-time lurker. I've used so much from this site in building up/maintaining my 2006 LC over the past few years. Thank you, all.

I have a 06 LC with Eagle Eye Tail lights from the previous owner. My driver's side quarter panel tail light (brake light only) just went out, and I want to replace the entire set of four with OEM. I like the OEM look better than replacing one Eagle Eye light. (and I like the idea of replacing bulbs over entire units) I took a look through the threads and TLC FAQ - https://tlcfaq.com/main/tag/tail-lights/ and mainly found what I needed. However, I believe I need the wiring harness for the tailgate tail lights, and there is far less info out there for converting an 06 back to an 06 OEM.

I am struggling to find the part number for the tailgate tail light wiring harness. Does anyone know the part number by chance? It seems like it is the same as the outer (81555-60760), but that doesn't make sense to me as that part number has three bulbs and the tailgate tail light only has one? Or is it the same harness with only one of the three connections used? Hard to find on partsouq and Toyota's online parts website.

Also, can anyone tell me what this is for? When I picked it up, my local dealer told me there are no LED lights in the housing, but I believe there are. It seems like the wiring harness (81555-60760) only has three bulbs with no other connecter.

I have the parts listed in TLCFAQ in my shopping cart at McGeorge, but cannot get a hold of their parts desk. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Tail light.jpg

I'll take a look at my Toyota SnaponEPC catalog tomorrow. Ill let you know what i find. It'll be a great help if I can get the last 8 of the VIN, however if you dont feel comfortable sharing that info here, I'll see what I can dig up with no VIN

That would be much appreciated, thank you so much. I'd prefer not to post the VIN here, but I can direct message you if not having the VIN proves problematic. I am under the impression that the wiring harness for the tailgate tail light is standard across all years of the 100 series given everything I have read on Mud about upgrading to the 06-07 taillights.

Thank you again!

Just grab a VIN from eBay motors or something for the same model year. They're not some super top secret info.

That would be much appreciated, thank you so much. I'd prefer not to post the VIN here, but I can direct message you if not having the VIN proves problematic. I am under the impression that the wiring harness for the tailgate tail light is standard across all years of the 100 series given everything I have read on Mud about upgrading to the 06-07 taillights.

Thank you again!
No biggie on the VIN. They're usually the same fitment across most LCs

Part # is 81555-60760

Great, thank you so much. To confirm for anyone searching in the future. To convert a 2006 LC back to OEM Taillights, the following parts are needed.

As listed in TLC FAQ - https://tlcfaq.com/main/tag/tail-lights/
  • 2006+ Tail Lamps (outer) RH #81551-60760, LH #81561-60680
  • Tail Lamps (inner/tailgate) RH #81580-60130, LH #81590-60160
  • Socket and Wire Sub Assembly (x2) #81555-60760
  • Rear Turn Signal Bulb (x2) #90981-13043
  • Backup Lamp (x2) #90981-11059
  • Side Marker Lamp (x2) #00234-00192
Plus two extra 81555-60760 and corresponding bulbs 90981-13044.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom