2006 LX470 - slow idle then stalling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,

I've now has this problem twice. Both on hot days after long periods of driving.

I slow the vehicle after a couple hour drive and the idle slows so much it stalls.

Then, it will not immediately start. I let it sit for an hour or so, starts back up with no issues.

Anyone have an idea before I send to the shop?

Thanks

No CEL?

Girlfriends XTerra was doing something similar and after a few times, it threw a TPS code. Replaced for under $50 and all good now!

Would a shop be able to get the code even though I haven’t seen a check engine light?

Would a shop be able to get the code even though I haven’t seen a check engine light?

Only if the code was active in the past and the system was not reset or battery disconnected. I think the light has to remain on for 5-10 seconds for it to save the info. ...could be wrong on that duration.

Any update on this?

I’m dealing with the exact same thing.
Has happened 3 times over the last 2 years.
Yesterday it left me and my family stranded at multiple red lights in downtown Atlanta during rush hour on our way to the aquarium.
Good times.

Unfortunately my CeL is chronically on due to the p403? Cat code or whatever mystery code

I’ve seen some threads mention vapor lock and replacing a canister over the spare tire but haven’t seen anything officially diagnosed.

I’ll ck for a code today.

Any update on this?

I’m dealing with the exact same thing.
Has happened 3 times over the last 2 years.
Yesterday it left me and my family stranded at multiple red lights in downtown Atlanta during rush hour on our way to the aquarium.
Good times.

Unfortunately my CeL is chronically on due to the p403? Cat code or whatever mystery code

I’ve seen some threads mention vapor lock and replacing a canister over the spare tire but haven’t seen anything officially diagnosed.

I’ll ck for a code today.
I'm sorry but I don't really have any additional information. This has not happened to me since. Just once last August and once this June. Otherwise, no issues...???

Could be a low voltage issue. Do a load check on your alternator.

my 2000 LC started doing the same thing. no lights, I have a code scanner and no codes have been recorded. I have had it happen well over 20 times and got to the point The car has 240K on it time to start replacing parts. I would find similar problems posted on the forms and go from there.
Also it seems to happen with the AC on and works fine with the AC off so next time it happens try turining off the AC for a bit to get going again. Hot is better than dead from stalling in a left turn.

Cleaned the MAF and Throttle body had no effect

changed fuel pump and filter No effect

Today I swapped out all 8 coil packs and plugs with no codes I had no clue what pack might be bad. None of the removed coil packs looked bad all the plugs looked like they were burning perfect. Some of the electrodes were showing signs that it was definatly time to swap them. First time I have tried this on the LC and have to say it has to be about the most simple job of plug replacement on any newer computer controlled car lol.

Its 108 Today and so far no stalls and I am at 1/2 tank of gas. It always seems to get worse the lower the tank gets so we will see how it goes the next few days.

If you dont have a scanner get a cheap blue tooth one from Amazon and the Torque app to see whats going on and look and clear codes best 25 bucks I have ever spent.

Hmm, just registered to post the same thing. Have a 2006 LX470. It has stalled on me on two separate occasions. Both cases after long drive in hotter weather (once in 100F and once around 85F). I'm going to post a separate thread with details.

@cajones definitely interested the details and would like to see your thread - I'll keep an eye out but it would be cool if you posted a link here as well

Was this never answered? Note these are mostly 2006s. The early 2006s had the same fuel pump as the earlier ones, even though the new one is a VVTI engine. They released halfway though the year that the fuel pump wasn’t robust enough and from there forward used a better one. You will also note that the orogonal part number is different than the replacement part number. Soo...sounds like you guys need the new fuel pump.

Was this never answered? Note these are mostly 2006s. The early 2006s had the same fuel pump as the earlier ones, even though the new one is a VVTI engine. They released halfway though the year that the fuel pump wasn’t robust enough and from there forward used a better one. You will also note that the orogonal part number is different than the replacement part number. Soo...sounds like you guys need the new fuel pump.
Yes, culprit is fuel pump indeed.

Fuel pump related, i replaced a perfectly working one on my 2007 with a Denso unit from a Sequoia because i want to avoid this when i head west on my trip and run into high elevations and high temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom