2006 immobilizer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I am collecting parts to swap a 2006 land cruiser drivetrain in my 80 series. I have the engine harness and ecu for it but don’t have the immobilizer unless it is integrated into the ecu. I know the later non-VVTI 2uz’s have a separate immobilizer but not sure about the VVTI engines.

Not a land cruiser but I have taken apart the entire dash of an 05 and 06 junk yard tundrs that were VVTI and didn’t find an immobilizer to pair with the ecu.

Does the VVTI 2uz have a separate immobilizer?

Doing some more research online I have found immobilizers for sale separate of the ecu that claim to fit a 2006 Land Cruiser.

I ordered a factory Toyota wiring manual for a 2006 LC, so I should be able to figure it out from that after it arrives.

There is a seperate immobilizer ecu for 2003-2007. It should be in the dash somewhere near the radio I think.

Part number: 89780-60220

There is a seperate immobilizer ecu for 2003-2007. It should be in the dash somewhere near the radio I think.

Part number: 89780-60220
Thanks, I was expecting this was probably the case. Do you know of a way to pair a new immobilizer to a different ECU without having them installed in a vehicle?

Thanks, I was expecting this was probably the case. Do you know of a way to pair a new immobilizer to a different ECU without having them installed in a vehicle?
I don't. To pair a new ecu to the immobilizer you jump a couple of pins on the OBD port and let them do their thing.

I don't. To pair a new ecu to the immobilizer you jump a couple of pins on the OBD port and let them do their thing.
That is the problem I have. I don’t have all this installed in a vehicle, so I cannot pair them. I think my best option is to continue looking for a set out of the same vehicle.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom