2005 Land Cruiser Stereo Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I looked far and wide and dug through countless forums and posts to find an alternative to replace my stock stereo head unit. The biggest problem was the fact that you'd lose your air conditioning controls. The search is over. I took a gamble on a Chinese product that claimed to incorporate all stereo controls to include A/C, steering wheel buttons and navigation. The unit costed roughly $650 and I must say I am impressed. Everything works as advertised. I will post links to a video in the comments.

That looks great! How well does it link with Android or iPhones phones? I'd love to find a head unit that would mirror Gaia maps from from my Google Pixel.

It links perfectly with my android. There is an app called EasyConnection that mirrors your phone screen exactly. So you can use either the built in apps on the stereo or anything your phone displays. The stereo is basically an android OS tablet and allows you to download apps as well.

Thats really nice, would be great to also integrate a back up camera for when you're backing up to hitch a trailer.

There has been a few others I think.

Did you have to splice the backup camera to get it to work like the post mentioned above ?

Btw - thanks for posting the write up, it looks so cool!

Thanks for the "spam." I'm sure you had so much to gain by filming yourself pretending to demo a unit from China. ;) Welcome to the forum. You've already given us a great look at a promising upgrade. Please keep us updated. In addition to glitches with certain functions, there's concern about quality and long term reliability. Your install seemed to go better than others who have reported on similar units recently. Hopefully, they've worked out the bugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom