2005 Colorado Expedition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I created a thread in the GCC forum for all that are planning to go to Colorado in August. Please chime in if any of you LSLC guys are going.

We need some input on what to do and where exactly to go for the week.

Lee and I and the girls are definitely going, so we need to work out the details soon. Let us know!!

Jody.

More details Nolen...

When are you planning to leave?
Where are you staying up there?
Who all is going with you? Kids? Ages? etc.
Do you have an agenda for what you are doing once you get up there?

Jody.

Jody,

Grogans and Werners. Wife 2 kids for me, wife 3 kids for Garth. Staying in the Hotel at Red Mountain Campground. Arriving the 8th and leaving fri the 12th.

Kids are 1 year to 5 years.

No agenda, wheel some, shop some, may run down to the National Park one day.....the rest is up the the gang.

Outback said:
More details Nolen...

When are you planning to leave?
Where are you staying up there?
Who all is going with you? Kids? Ages? etc.
Do you have an agenda for what you are doing once you get up there?

Jody.

My family is going. We are probably going to be up there for the 1st part of August. School Starts the 3rd week, so there is no way we can be there thru the 2nd week. Not sure how long we are staying. Depends on how many will be there early and how the kids hold up.

Chad

I plan on going but cannot say for sure yet. My bring my brother and even my dad. Hang out with the group. No other agend or plans yet. Don't even know when we might leave or come back. BTW, how long before Red Mountain Hotel and/or cabins are booked up?

Thanks

I am in. Will hit Denver on the 23rd and Silverton area around the 7th.

Harsch's are in. Me, the little lady and two boys, 4 and 6. We'll be there the 7th through the 13th. We originally were thinking camping, but I think a cabin or motel would be a better idea. Probably have to ride the train one day while we're there.

JasonH said:
Harsch's are in. Me, the little lady and two boys, 4 and 6. We'll be there the 7th through the 13th. We originally were thinking camping, but I think a cabin or motel would be a better idea. Probably have to ride the train one day while we're there.

Train books way in advance, better plan ahead and get tickets, there is another less known narrow gauge in the southern part of Co that we did
runs from Chama NM to Antonito Co....it's day trip, way cool, they feed ya at the halfway point, on an old waterstop, then continue.
Butch

Where are the areas to wheel up there?

dd113 said:
I am in. Will hit Denver on the 23rd and Silverton area around the 7th.

Hey man, ping me offline regarding you plans.

I would like to make it to silverton as well, but if you are going to take trails into silverton, I would be very interested in tagging along...since as of right now it looks like the group will be starting to come in and out the first and second weeks of august.

Kumar and Jenny
...oh and the dog...Lexi...go figure.

inacoma said:
Hey man, ping me offline regarding you plans.

I would like to make it to silverton as well, but if you are going to take trails into silverton, I would be very interested in tagging along...since as of right now it looks like the group will be starting to come in and out the first and second weeks of august.

Kumar and Jenny
...oh and the dog...Lexi...go figure.
Meet me at Bobs' house in Denver on the 23rd! Off we go.

PM ya

My gang will be there.

As far as train rides are concerned. It is a great ride, but only in 1 direction. I would drive down to Durango in 2 vehicles, leave 1 there and come back up to Silverton, then ride the morning train down. I have done this a couple of times now and believe me, it is the only way to do it. You can also ride the afternoon train down, and grab a bite in Durango before coming back up to silverton.

Tickets for the afternoon train are easy to come by, and I usually purchase them a day or 2 before scheduled departure.
Gary

Waggoner5 said:
My gang will be there.

As far as train rides are concerned. It is a great ride, but only in 1 direction. I would drive down to Durango in 2 vehicles, leave 1 there and come back up to Silverton, then ride the morning train down. I have done this a couple of times now and believe me, it is the only way to do it. You can also ride the afternoon train down, and grab a bite in Durango before coming back up to silverton.

Tickets for the afternoon train are easy to come by, and I usually purchase them a day or 2 before scheduled departure.
Gary

What ... all this train talk and no "hey how ya' doin' kumar!!!"

:)

so are we pretty set for the 2nd week in august...are there plans for crested bute?

Kumar

I was in, but......

sister in Law is treating us to 2 wks in Eire! Can't pass that up, and then that might go away as well as we might be expecting a little Cruiserhead on 8/01 (same way we got the last one!) :) ! We'll know more in early June!

Waggoner5 said:
Hey! How ya doin Kumar? I will be there for the 2nd week also. I will be making numerous trips to CB, so we can make another whenever you want.
G

How far is CB from Silverton? accomodations?

Kumar

Outback said:
I created a thread in the GCC forum for all that are planning to go to Colorado in August. Please chime in if any of you LSLC guys are going.

We need some input on what to do and where exactly to go for the week.

Lee and I and the girls are definitely going, so we need to work out the details soon. Let us know!!

Jody.

Jody,

So are we definitly in for the second week in august? If so, normally Lance as able to arrange for discount lodging at the Red Mountain hotel/camping joint. Is there any buzz word that we need to drop when we call to make our reservations? Not sure which thread is active, so I'm going to x-post (and probably get in trouble) in the GCC thread.

Kumar

Denver huh...

Hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom