2004 Sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a picture from Day 1 which was 2/1/2020 followed by a picture from yesterday 3/13/2020 (42 days).

IMG_3942.JPG

IMG_4220.JPG

Two weeks in to the Sequoia and I swapped out the interior lights. Thanks @Jgrauman for the Super Bright LED tips!

I replaced 8 interior bulbs with 194-CWHP5: Cool White LEDs ($4.95 each): (4) in each door, (2) front map lights, (2) middle console lights.
I also replaced the rear dome light with 3110-CW18-CB ($3.95) Cool White.
I then realized I was a bulb short - the middle console - so I ran to the local NAPA and picked up whatever they had in Cool White that replaced what I had (maybe $3-$4??).

One tip, the easiest way for me to remove the map lightbulbs up front and the personal lightbulbs in the middle console was to use a 90 degree mini-pick to pull the bulbs down and out of the socket so I could get my fat fingers around them. These are wedge bulbs.

Before:

View attachment 2238535

View attachment 2238536

View attachment 2238537
My bad on the middle console bulb, I had to go back and order that separately too since I had the DVD player still when I ordered the bulbs...

My bad on the middle console bulb, I had to go back and order that separately too since I had the DVD player still when I ordered the bulbs...
Lolol yeah NP! Also I think the Limited has a glove box light and my SR5 doesn’t. I ordered everything you specified. Then changed my mind on exterior lights and sent some back. Now, I’m totally ready to change all exterior lighting to LED as well as add more. Haha my wife hates me.

Rear WeatherTech mat arrived today. eBay for $150.00. I have one in my Dodge Journey that sits on top of the tucked away 3rd row seating, I love it.
  • Vehicle: Toyota Sequoia
  • Year: 2001-2007
  • Color: Grey
  • Coverage Area: Behind 2nd Row Seating
  • Manufacture Part Number 42187

IMG_4264.JPG

IMG_4265.JPG

Rear WeatherTech mat arrived today. eBay for $150.00. I have one in my Dodge Journey that sits on top of the tucked away 3rd row seating, I love it.
  • Vehicle: Toyota Sequoia
  • Year: 2001-2007
  • Color: Grey
  • Coverage Area: Behind 2nd Row Seating
  • Manufacture Part Number 42187

View attachment 2240566

View attachment 2240567
Do you plan on keeping the 3rd row out?

Do you plan on keeping the 3rd row out?
For sure. I only have 2 kids and they’re older. If I had a dollar for every time I used my third row in my 2015 Dodge Journey I would have about $5. Wife has a 2019 Honda Odyssey if we need to haul a bunch of people around.

Killed the daytime running lights. Hate DRL. I thought there might be some fancy steps to disable the DRL but nope, just disconnect the 6V lead to the headlights that switches on when the truck is started. The connection is between the battery and front driver side quarter panel.

IMG_4297.JPG

IMG_4298.JPG

Last edited:
Killed the daytime running lights. Hate DRL. I thought there might be some fancy steps to disable the DRL but nope, just disconnect the 6V lead to the headlights that switches on when the truck is started. The connection is between the battery and front driver side quarter panel.

View attachment 2241493

View attachment 2241494

THANK YOU FOR THAT !!!!

New mats today.

2004 2005 2006 2007 Toyota Sequoia, Carpet Floor Mats Gray - OEM PT206-0C050-11

67A90E28-D30D-4020-98B8-D464A69FB24A.jpeg

03E97158-6EB3-4B5B-99E1-69272E184620.jpeg

A87FD9B9-2341-47B1-ABF5-FF7B7F2B9C2F.jpeg

I replaced the factory radio yesterday. I was bummed to replace it but the back-lighting didn't work anymore so it was a little uncomfortable speeding down the tollway at night and trying to turn the volume up or down LOL. According to what I found on various forums, it wasn't worth the effort to try and repair, or worth the money to purchase a refurbed head unit. So I picked up an open box Sony XAV-V10BT. It's a double din unit and I like it because it's simple - a touchscreen and a knob. The BT connection is a welcome addition since I love SiriusXM. No need for the SXM tuner, this way my daughter who is driving my other car w the SXM hookup can enjoy. Anyways, the new head unit was $170 from Crutchfield and included wiring harness etc.

IMG_4304.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4318.JPG

Has anyone used these connectors before? It was my first time. LOVED THEM and highly recommend.

Posi-Products™ Car Stereo Wiring Harness Connectors
16 Posi-Twist™ wiring connectors: makes it easy to splice your new car stereo's wiring to the vehicle harness

IMG_4312.JPG

chrome_334dHs8Gfn.png

Funny changes since I've done all this work on the Sequoia. Used to be much easier to work in the engine compartment and it used to fit in the garage a little bit easier. 😂 😂 😂

IMG_4326.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

Continuing to replace rusted items here and there......new battery hold down frame today. $45 for everything.

74404-0C020 BATTERY CLAMP SUB-ASSEMBLY
74451-0C010 BATTERY CLAMP BOLT
90179-08220 NUT
90080-11401 BOLD WITH WASHER

IMG_4327 (2).JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

Had a DM regarding my stereo install. Where did I place the BT mic? I installed it behind the overhead console and ran the mic cable around the windshield headliner, down the A pillar, behind the driver side kick panel and over to the back of the deck. Simple and the best thing is the mic isn't that visible.

mspaint_92gNg07dO5.png

About 3 weeks back (after the lift), I finally got off the seat and made a decision regarding wheels and tires. I honestly have very little original thought so I ended up following the lead of another forum member here. Thanks again @Jgrauman for the inspiration. I hate to be a copy cat but would rather not make a bunch of costly mistakes by guessing at what might or might not work for my truck.

For wheels, I chose to keep it Toyota: PTR20-35110-BK / Genuine Toyota 17-Inch TRD PRO Wheels in Matte Black. I picked these up at a local dealer same day for $175.00 each. I wanted to keep it Toyota and I wanted 17" rims and at a 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern, there aren't a great many options but I LOVE THESE. Almost went w the gun-metal but black is beautiful. The silver body on black is a little bit of a tired look for me, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. These wheels are 7" wide with only a 4MM offset so I picked up some 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers to push 'em out. The spacers were just over $200 total if I remember right.

As for tires, I wanted something that looked aggressive but wanted an AT tire as again, I'm on asphalt. On my old 92' YJ and my old 2000 rodeo, I had BFG All-Terrain T/As and I loved them BUT they were loud as heck fire. So I went w Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17 at $200 each and honestly couldn't be happier with my decision. Again @Jgrauman !

View attachment 2238577

View attachment 2238578

View attachment 2238579

View attachment 2238580
Nice choice on the wheels. Are keeping your original wheels or selling them? I might be interested if they aren't too much. Shipping to So. Call might be s bunch though.

wow, we had the same color and year. She is a great rig, I can't tell you how reliable it is. We done X2 timing belt on it and drove it close to 285K before the heater core bust... yes. It runs great and so easy to work on. Good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom