2004 LC -- Cabin Air Filter? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello good folks. I've searched the forum and online - but, I cannot find an answer for this. Does the 2004 LC have a cabin air filter? And if so - what is the part, and where does it go? Thanks much, Mike

If you have them, it's all behind the glove box. Two screws at the bottom, then work the glove box off. Remove another black plastic panel (two connectors back there), and you'll see the front of the air box. If you have them (there are two), there will be a snap in door.

I don't know when LCs got them.

If you have them, it's all behind the glove box. Two screws at the bottom, then work the glove box off. Remove another black plastic panel (two connectors back there), and you'll see the front of the air box. If you have them (there are two), there will be a snap in door.

I don't know when LCs got them.
Thanks Saucebox

I just did my retofit last month. A word of caution. When you cut into the air box on the outer side(right hand side) cut a bit on the inside of the existing line or you will cut through the tabs on the outside of the box. I used a dremil tool to start with, then a hacksaw blade to finish. All told, about an hour.

I just did my retofit last month. A word of caution. When you cut into the air box on the outer side(right hand side) cut a bit on the inside of the existing line or you will cut through the tabs on the outside of the box. I used a dremil tool to start with, then a hacksaw blade to finish. All told, about an hour.
Got it ticoman - thanks

The parts I used for retrofitting (cabin filter cover opening didn't exist on my stock 07 LC):

88568-60010 x 2 filters (but Amazon Denso ones probably the same)
88891-60040 cooler cover
88891-60060 slot door

Even back in the early 2000's, wasn't every Corolla/Camry equipped with cabin filters? No idea why Toyota cheaped out on it :mad:

The parts I used for retrofitting (cabin filter cover opening didn't exist on my stock 07 LC):

88568-60010 x 2 filters (but Amazon Denso ones probably the same)
88891-60040 cooler cover
88891-60060 slot door

Even back in the early 2000's, wasn't every Corolla/Camry equipped with cabin filters? No idea why Toyota cheaped out on it :mad:
Thanks Newbielx470

My 04 didn’t have one—I did the retrofit.

Are there PM2.5 (for filtering out fine particle pollutant) rated cabin filters available for 100 series? It seems the OEM/Denso filters are pretty basic.

My '04 didn't have one and i did the retrofit. My '99 had one. Maybe the previous owner did a retrofit. I was surprised it had one. That said, it had no filters in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom