2003 Sequoia Rims fit LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are several people running Sequoia rims on their 80's. Takes you to a 17x7.5" trim with about 3/4" less backspace, so you'll want wheel spacers to go with these rims.

What rims? Some are 16", 17", etc.

The ones that I run are 17x7.5" and measure about 4.75" backspace, the stock LX rims are 4.5". The tire center line is also moved in slightly due to the .5" narrower rim. So if your fitting larger tires will probably need spacers.

When fitting the 37"s I found the added backspace/offset to be an advantage, the tire only needed to move out ~.5-.75". The 1.25" spacers move them out ~.75" when compared to stock rims, enough to keep them off of the inner fender well and not cause them to hit the flares, fender lip.
flex_4.jpg

not sure which year they switched over to the 5 lug. The 6 lug rims fit.

^^ That one looks really nice on your 80 series. Yeah just like what 89s rule, the 6 lug rims is a match to the 80 series.

what Tools said; and they stuff well too. Wheeling without spacers and adjustable panhard will polish the frame rails though. :whoops:
37s 002.jpg

sweet! I may have to pick some up. I found them cheap.

I love the Sequoia rims on the 80, but haven't found any that cost less than new aftermarket alloys. Given you have to add spacers, that means you are running $200 a side when somebody wants $500 for the rims.

I love the Sequoia rims on the 80, but haven't found any that cost less than new aftermarket alloys. Given you have to add spacers, that means you are running $200 a side when somebody wants $500 for the rims.

Craigs List is your friend, 5 wheels, 4 spacers I have ~$200 in them.

Yep. Craigslist. $200 for all four rims with stock tires.

How about some 2001 Sequoia 16" wheels would they fit with out spacers?

I could use them for 35" tires!

I stopped at a car dealership where a guy has a mobile rim cleaning polishing service. He tells me to redo the OEM 80 rims it would be $125 each. I guess the coating the rims had from factory and is 13 years old, is better then what is on the market now. I don't really like the spacer idea.

Craigs List is your friend, 5 wheels, 4 spacers I have ~$200 in them.

Dang! Hats off to that...I really like the looks of these wheels on an 80 - and for $200?! You cant beat that.

Anyone use the 18" BBS wheels on their LC?

Will they fit?

Yes, they will fit. I was running those on my LC for awhile before I sold them, and they cleared my brakes just fine. The offset was a little high so I ran 1" spacers from TrailGear and that made a world of a difference in the appearance & stance of the truck. Much better & more aggressive looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom