2003 LX from Hawaii? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys- I'm considering a purchase of this 03 LX that's spent most of its life in Hawaii. Ive only got one pic of the under carriage, and I'll be ordering a PPI, but wondering what you guys think.. Obviously, I'm wary of rust, but don't know if what I'm seeing is excessive. Thanks for any nput.
LX470 undercarriage.jpg

Looks like minimal rust, mostly surface rust from this photo. I assume previous owner’s favorite color in the obvious.

Which island? Doesn’t matter. I wouldn’t touch it. Especially with that blue metallic paint. Is it a high school kid selling it? I wouldn’t buy it or waste money on a PPI. There are way too many examples of affordable LXs in CONUS especially in the PNW than to have to jump through hoops to get what appears to be a vehicle that lived in a corrosive environment and was owned by potentially less than ideal stewards. Is it so cheap you can’t pass it up as a trail rig or something?

Thanks for the input. "So cheap?" actually quite the opposite. They're asking low $30's, touting the suspension upgrades and ridiculously low miles- about 34K. I'm looking for my daily driver, not a built LX. Guess I'd better re-consider.

That’s another thing about Hawaii; the terrible Toyota Land Cruiser up-charge. Toyotas and Lexus demand a premium there, but you’re used to that in your region. Good luck.

Thanks. I'm actually in Oregon, and the dealership shipped the used LX from Hawaii to Southern Cal. So, of course, they want to recoup the shipping cost on top of the retail mark-up. Think I'll move on. Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom