2003 LX 470 - new intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,

I pulled the trigger on a tastefully equipped black 2003 LX 470 with 240k miles as my daily and adventure vehicle. I am the third owner of the vehicle. The previous owner purchased it stock at 200k miles from a family in the Valley and claimed to have put on most of its mileage since then driving to the Mojave area doing rural property surveys.

IMG_2685.JPEG

The POs changes include a set of 265/65R18 K/02 (need to get a matching tire for the spare ASAP), towing hitch and swing out, King Springs in the rear, sliders, roof basket, led headlights, touchscreen CarPlay unit, and led interior lights.
68177552182__494A253C-24B5-449A-BDD8-948F93E16F75.fullsizerender.JPEG

The only change I've made so far is a solar powered sign light I've attached to the rear plate so I don't have to run wiring for that and have a plate light now.
IMG_2690.JPEG

I took it out off road for the first time this weekend in the Imperial Valley just west of Glamis. I was very happy with the off road performance in the neutral suspension setting on whoops and through some mud.
IMG_2685.JPEG

Anyone have any advice on the OEM frame mount tow hitch instead of the under-the-bumper style one? It seems like that'd be an easy way to get a better departure angle, the rear glass already doesn't open with the tire on so no loss there, maybe a little less visibility out of the back possibly.
IMG_2439.jpeg

Thank you for all the info posted on this forum, it's been super helpful in the buying process and in my ownership.

Think of the hitch as a rear slider. It does its job well ;)

If keeping the Wilco hitch, I'd for sure try to mount it higher, whether you keep the 'under the bumper' hitch or not. But some folks have had issues with compatibility of fitting certain accessories into the OE, in bumper hitch. Might need some minor grinding or mods to make it work.

If frequenting the desert, I'd consider Timbren or Superbump bumpstops front and rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom