For Sale 2002 landcruiser gray - dealer / craigslist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about going to checkout this truck this weekend. Aside from CarFax request, anything I should be weary of? I'm considering seeing if they would take a trade-in Subaru towards it as well..

Also, the price seems a little high but for the combo (color, miles, location) it's about the average I've seen in the last 6 months.

Could you guys please share some of your thoughts?

Thanks!
Tony

If i was an "less than honest" seller i wouldn't want to advertise anything that would bring attention to the condition of the engine, knowing that it had been badly overheated and that the radiator was completely empty. Bringing attention to turbos/superchargers can make some buyers question the condition of the engine. Just a guess.

Hey guys,

When purchasing a used land cruiser, how crucial is it to have a compression test done?

I just had an inspection done for a LC I was interested in however, the mechanic did not perform a compression test or any of the engine internals. Instead, the inspection was basically a visual inspection of the truck.

Hey guys,

When purchasing a used land cruiser, how crucial is it to have a compression test done?

I just had an inspection done for a LC I was interested in however, the mechanic did not perform a compression test or any of the engine internals. Instead, the inspection was basically a visual inspection of the truck.

I would probably consider it in the range of a nice to have, not necessarily a necessity. If the engine has lots of miles on it or has mods, like this one, I would probably ask for one. But for the most part you should be ok depending on what the service history looks like. Usually there is a minimal charge for that to be done along with the visual inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom