For Sale 2002 landcruiser gray - dealer / craigslist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about going to checkout this truck this weekend. Aside from CarFax request, anything I should be weary of? I'm considering seeing if they would take a trade-in Subaru towards it as well..

Also, the price seems a little high but for the combo (color, miles, location) it's about the average I've seen in the last 6 months.

Could you guys please share some of your thoughts?

Thanks!
Tony

Carfax is on their website. SoCal and then WA state.

The price is so high because of this:

jteht05jx22020979-2002-toyota-land-cruiser-trd-used-suv-lynnwood-wa.jpg

It looks like she sat in a Ford dealer's inventory for brief period over the summer. Then they sent it out to the auction. That's a red flag for me.

JTEHT05JX22020979

Last edited:
Carfax is on their website. SoCal and then WA state.

The price is so high because of this:

jteht05jx22020979-2002-toyota-land-cruiser-trd-used-suv-lynnwood-wa.jpg

It looks like she sat in a Ford dealer's inventory for brief period over the summer. Then they sent it out to the auction. That's a red flag for me.

Because of the TRD??
I can see why that would be a red flag, I wonder why it sat In a dealer's inventory for a period of time. I'm not too familiar with the lifecycle of older cars, but going to an auction would mean something prevented it from being sold on a lot right?

Thanks for the response!

That's a supercharger. Some guys get all hot and steamy over that sort of thing.

Autocheck corroborates the accident-free history.

It's been in this dealer's inventory for almost 2 months.

That's a supercharger. Some guys get all hot and steamy over that sort of thing.

Autocheck corroborates the accident-free history.

It's been in this dealer's inventory for almost 2 months.

Ah I see, oooh supercharger ( ~*-*)~

I'm honestly not hot and excited about it. My main concern is about issues that may come up after leaving the lot. Sitting in a dealer's inventory is weird, but the accident-free history seems like I can't be taking too big of a risk.. right?

Ah I see, oooh supercharger ( ~*-*)~

I'm honestly not hot and excited about it. My main concern is about issues that may come up after leaving the lot. Sitting in a dealer's inventory is weird, but the accident-free history seems like I can't be taking too big of a risk.. right?

Its maintenance history is more important. Some accidents are minor (no airbags) and if fixed properly it doesnt bring the value down much for me. Id be more worried about how the previous owners took care of it. Did they fix most of the things themselves, used indie shops, or used toyota dealers? If not toyota dealer then i would look into their qualifications as an indie shop o lr DIYer. How often they took it in says a lot about what kind of owner they are.

To me the supercharger is more a concern than something that adds value. How long rhe supercharger has been on there may affect how much life is left on the engine. Generally speaking, boosting or supercharging will decrease reliability. Another factor is how the previous owners drove it.

I would at least get a prepurchase inspection done by toyota and go from there.

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about going to checkout this truck this weekend. Aside from CarFax request, anything I should be weary of? I'm considering seeing if they would take a trade-in Subaru towards it as well..

Also, the price seems a little high but for the combo (color, miles, location) it's about the average I've seen in the last 6 months.

Could you guys please share some of your thoughts?

Thanks!
Tony

One thing i would do is make a Toyota/Lexus Drivers account and then plug in the VIN to access the national database for services. You will able to see all services done by a toyota or lexus dealership for that particular VIN.

This is usually my first step when viewing used vehicles now, along with the carfax. If the maintenance history checks out and the carfax is clean then i would try to get on the lot and have a look in person. If it looks good to you and price is reasonable, then time to take it in for an inspection. If anything minor comes up in inspection, use it to negotiate prices. If major things come up then consider walking away rather than try to negotiate large amounts of discounts.

Make sure you look at undercarriage. I dont normally consider washington vehicles because rust tends to get in the way if you are looking for a car that will last for a looooooonggggggg timeee.

One thing i would do is make a Toyota/Lexus Drivers account and then plug in the VIN to access the national database for services. You will able to see all services done by a toyota or lexus dealership for that particular VIN.

This is usually my first step when viewing used vehicles now, along with the carfax. If the maintenance history checks out and the carfax is clean then i would try to get on the lot and have a look in person. If it looks good to you and price is reasonable, then time to take it in for an inspection. If anything minor comes up in inspection, use it to negotiate prices. If major things come up then consider walking away rather than try to negotiate large amounts of discounts.

you made a lot of good points, I appreciate your replies! I went in and checked the history and saw some concerning notes from services from about 2009:

DIAG1 ENG ELECT
DIAG1 ENG ELECT ~|~CUSTOMER STATES THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON ALL THE TIME PERFORM COMPUTER DIAGNOSTIC WITH SCAN TOOL,RECORD ANY FAILURE CODE(S) AND ADVISE. ~|~HOOK UP TECHSTREAM. PULLED CODES P0115 ENGINE COOLANT TEMP CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION...(CURRENT CODE)......... FOUND THERE IS NO COOLANT IN THE RADAITOR. ADDED 1 GALLON OF COOLANT. LOOK AT THE FREEZE FRAM DATA. ENGINE GOT 275 DEG. THE ENGINE OVER HEATED BAD. CH

and on the same day they went thru and did a full tune up
T/BELT PACKAGE (V8) ~|~REPLACE TIMING BELT, DRIVE BELTS AND CRANKSHAFT SEAL. RPL50 ~|~ ~|~REPLACED TIMING BELT,FRONT CRANK SEAL,SERPENTIN BELT,WATER INLET O-RINGS. NOTE:TENSIONER AND TBELT IDLER ARE OK AT THIS TIME.

PRESSURE TEST SYSTEM ~|~PER TECH DIAG COOLANTLEAK - PLEASE REPAIR MAIN LEAK AND RECHECK S3 ~|~ ~|~PRESSURE TESTED COOLING SYSTEM.

REPL WATER PUMP ~|~REPLACE WATER PUMP PER VEHICLE OBTAIN ESTIMATE FROM MANAGEMENT RPL25 ~|~ ~|~REPLACED WATER PUMP AND GASKET.

Back to the browsing listings for a while :)...

Youre welcome! I learn things every day on this forum so im more than happy to give back any chance i get! Love the enthusiasm and good luck with your search. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Also, that brown radiator is past due for replacement. When they get that color on top, they are getting sketchy.

Hey guys,
I'm looking at another LC and it had 30 records in CarFax but what is up with this? It was like this until 2017 before it was sold to the current owner in WA :

1573844716710.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom