SOLD 2002 Land Cruiser 170k // Black on Gray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
SOLD

Hi all,

We are looking to sell our hundy to consolidate from three down to two vehicles. I purchased it ~6 years ago with ~135k miles. It just crossed 170k, so I drove it less than 6k/year. The truck is bone stock. I have service records from ~50k to ~126k and then from ~135k to present. From the service records, the truck spent time in Iowa/West Illinois, so there is some surface rust on the underbody. I purchased the truck in Houston and it has since resided in Kentucky. I had visions of making it into an over landing rig, but it never happened. Below are some additional details.

Overall, the truck is in good condition for being 18 years old. I am happy to answer questions or do a video tour of the truck if desired. Asking $13k.

The Good

• OEM nav system and third row seats and 6 disc DVD changer
  • Replaced all four door speakers with Kicker 43CSC674 & 41DSC674
  • I recently replaced the spare winch with an OEM replacement. Also replaced with brand new tire.
  • I replaced the front brakes at ~153k. I put on all new OEM parts (rotors/pads/shims); I also replaced the calipers with rebuilt cores from Napa
  • All 4 tires replaced at 154k (~16k on them) with Yokohama Geolande AT G015 275-70/R16. The rears have 9/32nds and fronts have 10/32nds still
  • Timing belt was done at ~110k
  • Interior in really nice shape for the age. I haven't seen many 100s this clean.
  • Center differential lock works flawlessly. I replaced the CDL switch on the diff itself (not the cabin switch) a while back.
  • I had an OEM hitch installed by Toyota when I bought the truck
  • Oil and coolant recently changed
  • ATF and differential fluids were replaced at 110k; I checked them recently and they were fine
  • Alignment and wheel balance feel true, tires were rotated and balanced recently
  • New OEM sightline wipers over the summer
  • AC blows cold as can be and electronics work
  • the rear windows are tinted darker than the front, it’s a very well done / nice look
The Less Good
  • The truck exhibits the common exhaust tick due to a cracked manifold, it silences once warm. According to service records, the left exhaust manifold was replaced in 2011. Most people who have this never bother to replace, it is a very common issue.
  • As mentioned there is some underbody rust on surface of components. There is also some rust starting to bleed through paint on rear drivers wheel well (See pics).
  • I replaced a broken rooftop DVD player with an OEM dome light. The light comes on fine with the switch, but does not come on when the doors open despite my best effort to troubleshoot. The third row lamp comes on with lift gate as designed. In the process of fixing the light, I found a remote starter wired in under dash. I have removed and fixed all the spliced wiring. Everything works fine, but mentioning in spirit of full disclosure.
  • The front driver headlight had a big rock hit it at some point and the previous owner patched it with some sort of clear caulk. The light works fine.
80C9D7D7-AF66-4D6D-A071-B181C91539E3.jpeg
8EA39855-AA1D-442E-A4A9-0D477D2F1A74.jpeg

48094954-3678-4C0E-B441-9C7320A3DCD1.jpeg

62FC1CAB-4B02-457E-A612-34F4864BF89A.jpeg

C44F3E0E-22CF-4D8C-A129-98769BA348D3.jpeg

Last edited:
And here is the most recent service inspection from Toyota when I had the coolant changed. Please note the vehicle does not have a cabin air filter and the air filter itself isn’t due to be replaced for another 5k (it’s a $10 part).
07E206FD-CA4E-4CBA-9CBE-A5DB8FD69DAE.jpeg

^^No holes. Happy to do a video conference to go over the truck with you if desired. PM me if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom