Builds 2001 HZJ79 Ex-Fire Double Cab Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So this SET tray is a fantastic complement to the truck.

I am thinking about doing a similar build.

What, if any, modification to the frame rails/mounts is required to accommodate mounting one of these trays?

Such a cool build, nice work.
Sorry for the late reply! Lifes been busy as of late.

I would say definitely do it. It feels like a lot to take on, and it is, however the end result is worth it. Plus the build journey is part of the process.

The SET tray really, in my opinion sets these apart from the other 75/79 series and makes them functional. Reach out to Ralf the owner and let him know I sent ya. He has done a few 75's now and has all the measurements set and ready to go for the aluminum cross braces so the guessing work is done. He just needs your money and hell flat pack it down to any state.

Appreciate the kind words as well. It has been an absolute riot to build.

Recently added a few mods to make the 79 a bit more convenient for getting away for a few nights. With a 3-year-old and a 10-month-old I have really struggled with the sleeping situation. I have always wanted a RTT but it needed to accommodate all of us.

Finally, this iKamper X-cover popped up locally and ticked all the right boxes, sleeping 2 adults and 2 kids as well as being relatively low profile for a hybrid RTT. It is a bit more convenient, and it is a breeze to setup and take down, dare I say easier and quicker than conventional ground tent.

As for the fridge and slide it will be moved to the other side of the tray. 270 awning to be added next year.

79 series 2.jpg

79 Series.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom