2000 LX470 Trailer Harness Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am with @CanyonLX I took the driver’s side taillight out. I do not see the converter. I see the seatbelt and rear window motor behind the housing. I follow the 4 pin adapter and it seems to merge with a thicker wire loom and vanishes into somewhere. Any help would be nice. I have a 2002 LX.

486B1752-A930-4AE6-B68E-8BB318876338.jpeg

I am with @CanyonLX I took the driver’s side taillight out. I do not see the converter. I see the seatbelt and rear window motor behind the housing. I follow the 4 pin adapter and it seems to merge with a thicker wire loom and vanishes into somewhere. Any help would be nice. I have a 2002 LX.

View attachment 2516013

from the inside, take out your jack equipment and you’ll see the converter. I had to dig for mine, but it was out there.

I just did this today with success though I wasn’t sure quite what to do with the extra ground wire, so I taped it up and it’s in the cavity with the rest of the loom.

My converter is faulty as well, I took out the taillight and jack but I still cannot seem to find the converter... I'm getting desperate because I have a trailer rental scheduled for tomorrrow.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Just for anyone who finds this in the future, mine was double sided taped above the passenger tailight

Hopefully an easy (let's call it dumb) question: Looking to install a hitch and wiring harness 2000 LC. I found the hitch and looking for wiring harness help.

All kits show splice wires - I have a plug above the exhaust with the original wires with factory plug in place. Can I simply purchase a kit without splicing? Pictures below might help. Can you recommend a plug kit that will fit? Many thanks -

20230916_130247.jpg

20230916_130227.jpg

20230916_152734.jpg

Hopefully an easy (let's call it dumb) question: Looking to install a hitch and wiring harness 2000 LC. I found the hitch and looking for wiring harness help.

All kits show splice wires - I have a plug above the exhaust with the original wires with factory plug in place. Can I simply purchase a kit without splicing? Pictures below might help. Can you recommend a plug kit that will fit? Many thanks -

View attachment 3431432

View attachment 3431433

View attachment 3431434
Looks like the plug that came on this kit. https://amzn.to/3SKwO2d
I bought it for my 2000 LX470 but found it was not the correct plug for me. I ended up using the box from that kit to replace my factory one.

Another thing I discovered was that the factory box on my 2000 LX470 used DT 6-position connectors. I already use DT connectors for lots of stuff so replacing the factory box was pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom