2000 LX470 intermittent drivability issue when cold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having an intermittent issue that occasionally the 470 doesn't want to idle very well and doesn't want to go. Anyone have this issue before? It usually clears up later on a subsequent drive and doesn't happen again for awhile.

To little info to give, any good guess.
But here's some thoughts:
Air filter.
Is it well tuned. i.e plugs, coils (misfires), vacuum, and T-body & MAF clean.
Any DTC (codes)

Some issues, in well tuned:

Bad fuel (water), fuel pump weak and on the way out, fuel filter clogged or fuel delivery ( Fuel rail: dampener, injectors, FPR).

A bad MAF sensor. Just not so bad, it fails any test or kicks-off a DTC. This often shows up monitoring fuel trims and MPG.

Some 2000 reported having a bad throttle body. It seem to be motor and or it's gears related. But most ended up replace the whole assemble.

Crank sensor wire damage, from improper routing.

Well, I thought this was a cold issue as it resolved itself the past couple of months with warmer weather but today started to do it again. It does have an aftermarket MAF and I’m also wondering about how to test fuel pressure.

Well, I thought this was a cold issue as it resolved itself the past couple of months with warmer weather but today started to do it again. It does have an aftermarket MAF and I’m also wondering about how to test fuel pressure.
You'll need a fuel pressure gauge and Tech stream.

Swapped out the MAF yesterday with a known good one with no change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom