2000 LX Spoiler Delete Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BustaRibs

SILVER Star
Threads
Kid was on his way home from college, calls and says "Dad, my wing just flew off!" - at 70 mph. So, great - mandatory spoiler delete before he goes back to SC in a month.

Local LX stealership says they cant help me because parts are no longer available.

I removed what was left of the mounting brackets and will just paint and seal the anchor bolts bolts but I'm not sure what to do about the brake light. I did a search but couldn't find an answer so any suggestions would be most appreciated. Looks like the brake light for non-spoiler vehicles is covered with a plate/panel that I assume I can just pop off and install a replacement brake light, but I can't find one and like I said, the dealer couldn't (wouldn't) help.

Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks.

That looks like the part. TY YzLX! Wonder why the dealer didn’t suggest a stock Lexus part? Prolly better they didn’t because they would have wanted double the price!

Sounds like the normal issue at a parts department. People cannot think past the specifics of a VIN#. If VIN has something different example: a rear spoiler versus no spoiler they cannot seem to think past their own nose. That's why some of the parts guys that are on here are the exception rather than the rule. I am glad I could help you. Just a suggestion buy a new gasket for light so as to avoid the water intrusion.

More great info, I would have expected the seal to come with the light so great tip and I’ll be sure to get a new gasket as well. TY again!

You're welcome. Happy to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom