200-series more Durable than a HiLux? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeCKis300

GOLD Star
Threads
I know we pride ourselves on having the strongest and most durable Toyota on the planet. I think it's been said by internal Toyota engineers that it's the strongest they've ever built.

Though after watching this, I'm not sure? Or maybe it is, and it's got some HiLux genes?

Way tougher than a hilux of any generation. We don’t lack Hilux’s here in Angola. You take a hilux of any year and compare it to a cruiser of the same year, and the cruiser will be in better shape and still far more comfortable. Not a slight on the hilux, but they’re just not in the same league, and never have been.

The drivers side CV would snap on the 200 in the first 5mins of that video 😂.Toyota should have made that a much more durable component. I’ve had two CV’s go out on my first 2008 200. However, it was lifted.

Huge reason the hilux can tolerate so much abuse: it is light.

Subject a hilux to the same loads/power/mileage as a cruiser and the J-series will come out on top.

Not that they aren’t tough as hell.. but they are intended for different uses.

Obviously a bit tongue and cheek. Great to know that Toyota has been doing this awhile and really knows how to make an outstandingly durable vehicle. It's funny because the other vids where WhistlinDiesel's beating up on Jeeps, Dodge's... it's such a divide between something that's really made durable vs something that just looks the part.

The pallet of cinderblocks was pretty epic as these things can weight upwards of 2500+ lbs. Hilux just keeps shrugging off the abuse. Cody is honestly shocked at what the truck is holding up to.

Last edited:
I’m reminded of the Top Gear series on not being able to kill theirs. IMO no manufacturer other than toyota has the chops to consistently do this.

Watching this YouTube guy pisses me off. I can afford to buy anything i want but i cant import an early 90s HiLux diesel. Not sure how this guy imported one to Vermont but the way that he then does everything possible to destroy it highlights everything wrong with YouTubers.

This youtuber is cringe to the max. Theres some real nice classics that have been destroyed for no other reason that entertainment. Its just disrespect to another level. That 1970s F250 was once someones pride and joy.

Its like the equivalent of me watching low mile clean 1970s cars get sent to the crusher is my emotions when these vids pop up on my feed.

The hilux is light and beefy. Yes the 200 is beefy, but its a pig compared to the Hilux. Also add in whatever comfort spring rate on the 200 whereas the Hilux is more suited for cargo.

Anyone else watch part two? I know there’s plenty of people who don’t like him because he’s destroying things. All I can say is don’t watch him if you don’t like him. The only reason he has gained notoriety in the past year is because people keep watching him.

Ever since watching top gear try to destroy one years ago I’ve always thought the Hilux was such a cool truck. WD seems to be further proving that.

Anyone else watch part two? I know there’s plenty of people who don’t like him because he’s destroying things. All I can say is don’t watch him if you don’t like him. The only reason he has gained notoriety in the past year is because people keep watching him.

Ever since watching top gear try to destroy one years ago I’ve always thought the Hilux was such a cool truck. WD seems to be further proving that.

Have not and will not with part 2. Stopped first video after a couple minutes but did learn correct pronunciation of "Hee lux". All this time I thought it was "Hi lux".

Is Hilux overseas still SFA? I would imagine most trucks with SFA will come out on top of IFS in a "durability" test. I had a '92 IFS U.S. Hilux with the 22RE. Definitely not so heavy duty as my FJ62 but not positive it couldn't take as much punishment since I never put them to the test!

A friend living in an area with really rough roads mentioned once that the vehicles that seemed to hold up best were the ones lightest in weight. But then, I don't remember anyone there having a mighty Land Cruiser of any vintage.

I’m reminded of the Top Gear series on not being able to kill theirs. IMO no manufacturer other than toyota has the chops to consistently do this.
Yes. Until someone drowns their LC in an ocean and drops it from atop an imploding building like Clarkson et al did, I think the Hi-Lux wins. Granted the 20 story fall almost completely split the frame, but still...

That was impressive as hell.

I would've opted to at least tie a rope around the hood latch to keep it from flying open, but to each their own I suppose.

Pretty sure the vanity plates are "0FKSGVN"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom