1VD Big End Bearings? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all
Got a 2007 200 series 1VD with 413,000kms about a month ago. About to get the mechanic to do the usual fluids and fixing some issues we've already identified (leak in intercooler piping), but he's suggested a few other things, but wanted to get your thoughts on whether big end bearings need to be changed?

Looking to do gasket kit, injector seals, but unsure whether the big end bearings are needed. The car has had full service history at Toyota so it's been looked after well, and my research has mostly shown the 80-series has had issues with big end bearings in the past, but haven't got much on the 1VD motors.

Thanks

Full disclosure - My experience is mostly with CAT and Cummins HD motors and relates to the 1VD only in regards to the fuel used.

My thoughts, anyway: You are in a part of the world where the 1VD is relatively common. If you can't find any information suggesting that new bearings are a good idea at your mileage, then I wouldn't do it. If, however, you have the funds burning a hole in your pocket, or if having the bearings done will make you sleep better, then do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom