1KZ Water to Air Intercooler Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Still relatively new to this website, and trying to find my way around old posts re. the topic in question, however my search was unsuccessful. Apologies if this was already answered.

Just wondering if anyone has any past experiences fitting a water to air intercooler to a TLC 1kz (mechanical pump) engine? As per photo, there really isn't much room in the bay, however I'm planning on converting the dual battery setup to one battery in the bay and another somewhere in the rear if need be to make room for the intercooler goodies.

Are there any recommended kits available? Or perhaps, a similar setup from another engine that I can fit into the 1kz?

I'm eventually planning on increasing the boost and fuel slightly, or go down the variable turbo route, however I want to make sure that I keep heat levels as low as possible and remain reliable.

I really couldn't find much useful information online. Any input will be GREATLY appreciated! 😊🤟

Screenshot_20210927-110919.jpg

Looks like you have enough room to place the w/a cooler right where your current turbo to intake pipe is. you would not need a large unit for this engine. I think your biggest headache will be the w/a radiator placement and hookup.
G

Looks like you have enough room to place the w/a cooler right where your current turbo to intake pipe is. you would not need a large unit for this engine. I think your biggest headache will be the w/a radiator placement and hookup.
G
Want to stay as far away as possible from hot engine components such as the exhaust, however now that you mentioned it, it could be a possibility to keep the stock battery setup. Yeah the cooler will be a bit tricky to place... but will have to figure that one out too.

I'm guessing there aren't any kits available on the market huh 🙃🙃

1632836276697.png

Something like this from Frozen Boost. you could also wrap it if you are worried about heat and heat soak.

Was on Frozen Boost's website earlier today. Reasonable prices!
Managed to speak to a local LC guru today and he will be guiding me accordingly. Thanks for your Input!! Appreciate it 😁✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom