1KZ Head Replacement Sourcing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to order a bolt on ready head replacement this week for my 95 series. Seems like a few reliable options out of Australia - the one I have been in communication with is Mr Cylinder Head.

Looking for some advice:

1) Mr Cylinder Head in general: anyone had any bad experiences? The kit seems well made and I do like that they offer a 12 month warranty. Just want to make sure I at least reach out for anyone who may have had some negative real world experience with these folks.

2) MCH was discussing with me the various heads that came on these 1KZs that have different valve clearances (why Toyota didn't just make them all the same seems odd to me), but they did mention that I could just purchase the head that has the valves at a 1mm recess and that they are basically a universal fit for the 1KZ. Is there any reason that it would be a bad idea to just go with this one rather than pulling my head first and measuring the valve clearances to see if its one of the other two variants?

3) Any of y'all that have performed a head swap or just gasket replacement, any oddball things to look out for while doing this job? I figured while I'm at it to go ahead and swap my turbo with a fresh stock unit (getting an extra soft "woo" that I don't think is supposed to be there), EGR delete, 76C therm w/ the constant passthrough trick, intake cleanup, new glow plugs and new injectors. Everything seems pretty straight forward, but wondered if there was maybe some notorious behavior of certain bolts or members of the unit to be cautious about so that I don't go breaking something that doesn't need breakin.

Thanks in advance! I'm excited to give it a go: will be my first time doing any major work primarily on my own. Just gonna see if a seasoned buddy can be over my shoulder to make sure I don't miss anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom