Wanted 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,
New to the forum, and own a 60 that is slowly being torn into.... I’m interested in swapping in (as the title says) a 1HZ, and am wondering:
-where/how does a person source a reasonably priced, complete motor, hopefully with a bit of history (or at least some numbers to guess at the condition of said motor)?

I can see, for instance that one chapelgate had one about a month ago (missed it!), and older links show that they come and go here through the Mud (so to speak). Any suggestions?

It’s tough to just look out in the vast web - how the heck would you even know where to begin to build a trust with someone on the other side of the world!

Any thoughts, names, direction is appreciated in advance - Cheers,Pete

Gr8ful - I'd be interested in hearing more about that setup. I'm near Salida so in the general 'hood. Do you have any background on it, or have you had it running for compression numbers? Can move to pm mode if that is better suited. Thanks, Pete

I don’t have compression numbers unfortunately. I bought it from a land cruiser shop in the Netherlands. It was in a low mile, running hzj73 that they were parting out due to rust. The bj43 is also 24 volt, so that was a plus in that regard. If I can track down the old emails, I can find the mileage on it. Something like a 160k kilometers or so, if I recall. I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, so I didn’t ask for more info at that point. I’ll send you my email via dm.
Best
Abe

Abe is awesome. 12v parts are easy to come by, and @orangefj45 makes the frame mounts you need.

And, “just like that”, a big dumb ol’ stray follows me home..... Thanks to Abe @gr8ful for helping me put it together. There was some concern about my xterra and the hillbilly trailer being able to rally that 1200# chunk of kit out of his driveway, due to some icy patches and an incline. Turns out, those same icy patches caught poor Abe later that evening and sent him for a nasty fall, and a bad ankle break - bummer! He didn’t say if it was clutch or gas foot, but there was at least one non-manual tranny car there so hopefully he’ll be able to be mobile soon! I had to get back home asap due to work but could’ve stayed and drooled on any of his nice rigs: 43, 47, 73, you get the picture!
Cheers, Pete

0DDDED06-02FA-4C5B-A60F-11C41500AA95.jpeg

A1350B98-0EE6-4D70-B1EB-D05929D6DDFB.jpeg

Oh man, that is absolutely crazy! I can't believe what is possible with ortho work sometimes. Hopefully you'll get to a place where you can start walking your neighborhood in Spring - probably a slow recovery with that one. Be well and best with your rehab! Pete

Abe, that sucks. Heal fast!

Whoever the orthopod was that patched you back up got excellent fixation. Nicely done on their part.

Abe, that sucks. Heal fast!

Whoever the orthopod was that patched you back up got excellent fixation. Nicely done on their part.
That is good to hear! Four fractures so she had to use k-wire at first to hold it together, in order to get omit to screw together right. Apparently a pain in the butt. But I get my stitches out next week so that will be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom