1HZ starting help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put a 1HZ in my 60 series. It was a 24 volt motor that I am changing to 12 volt. Will the 24 volt fuel cutoff solenoid work with 12 volt? I put 12 volt to it and I hear a weak click. I have plenty of fuel to the top of the injector pump. I loosened an injector line at the injector and it is dry. The motor has been sitting for 6 years. Any ideas?

I put a 1HZ in my 60 series. It was a 24 volt motor that I am changing to 12 volt. Will the 24 volt fuel cutoff solenoid work with 12 volt? I put 12 volt to it and I hear a weak click. I have plenty of fuel to the top of the injector pump. I loosened an injector line at the injector and it is dry. The motor has been sitting for 6 years. Any ideas?

The 1HZ engines are 12 volt, except for the 24 volt starter. Your fuel cut solenoid should be 12 volt. If it's only got a weak click, then replace it. Or at least pull the solenoid and check it's action outside of the pump.

And it takes quite a bit of turning over the engine to get the fuel to the injectors. Maybe run it longer. Also, is the glow system working? You will need that.

Take the glow plugs out and turn the engine over on the starter.You should see plumes of fuel coming out of the glow plug holes within 30 seconds.
Refit the plugs and fire away.
The manual says to remove 3 glow plugs but 6 is faster.

The clicking is not loud,you have to listen for it.
I think you could remove it,earth it and apply power to see it work.

Took the fuel shutoff out and tested it. Worked good. Had fuel to inlet of pumploosened all 6 lnjectors,cranked for 3 minutes. Nothing. Loosened injector lines at pump,nothing. Took out fuel shutoff,used pump on filter to push out hole, came pretty easy. Turned over for a couple of minutes,tightened injectors,turned over,started. I have run tractors out of fuel,never had one prime this hard.

I have run tractors out of fuel,never had one prime this hard.

Its because you have to remove at least 3 glow plugs to allow the starter to spin the engine fast enough for the pump to push the air out.
When you do it like this you dont need to crack the injectors.

Tractors usually have a primer pump on the side of the pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom