1hz smokes at low rpm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys
My 1hz smokes when the engine has worked idle for a few seconds and when I want to accelerate and push the pedal, the smoke comes out of the exhaust.
The smoke is something between white and gray.
This problem is more observable when I start driving on uphill.
What is the problem?

Cleaning of injectors.
How start at cool?, slow or fast?

Hi guys
My 1hz smokes when the engine has worked idle for a few seconds and when I want to accelerate and push the pedal, the smoke comes out of the exhaust.
The smoke is something between white and gray.
This problem is more observable when I start driving on uphill.
What is the problem?

I am a believer on giving every old diesel a Seafoam injector hot soak before chasing any smoke gremlins. Completely transformed my BJ74 and cleaned up the exhaust from my HZJ73 when I had it.

It's cheap, easy and oddly satisfying.

I am a believer on giving every old diesel a Seafoam injector hot soak before chasing any smoke gremlins. Completely transformed my BJ74 and cleaned up the exhaust from my HZJ73 when I had it.

so how do you go this? Are you talking about removing injectors & soaking, or pouring seafoam into the fuel? Seems like a really good first step!

Cleaning of injectors.
How start at cool?, slow or fast?
It was fast until the weather became cold and I replace the engine oil with a new oil which I have never used.
It starts slowly in the morning now and smokes about 10 seconds.

what are you talking about bro?Whould you please talk about it more🙏🏻

what are you talking about bro?Whould you please talk about it more🙏🏻
Sure thing, pretty simple really. You wait until you're at like, 1/8 tank of fuel, take your Cruiser for a drive and try and it things nice and hot and then take it home. As soon as you get home, you quickly swap in a new fuel filter that you've filled with straight Seafoam, then dump a bunch in the tank. Turn the truck over and let it idle for a couple minutes until its running on straight seafoam from the filter and turn if off and leak it sit. After a while, fire it back up and take it on the hardest freeway drive you can to get it nice and hot, running on the concentrated junk in the tank. I've never had a bad result. It cleaned up my HZJ73 and my Cummins rig, and made a huge difference in my BJ74, actually got some power and a much smoother idle from it. I'm not saying it would fix your problem since you never know what the deal is on a new to you rig, but it's a great start.

I found a YouTube video here:

Sure thing, pretty simple really. You wait until you're at like, 1/8 tank of fuel, take your Cruiser for a drive and try and it things nice and hot and then take it home. As soon as you get home, you quickly swap in a new fuel filter that you've filled with straight Seafoam, then dump a bunch in the tank. Turn the truck over and let it idle for a couple minutes until its running on straight seafoam from the filter and turn if off and leak it sit. After a while, fire it back up and take it on the hardest freeway drive you can to get it nice and hot, running on the concentrated junk in the tank. I've never had a bad result. It cleaned up my HZJ73 and my Cummins rig, and made a huge difference in my BJ74, actually got some power and a much smoother idle from it. I'm not saying it would fix your problem since you never know what the deal is on a new to you rig, but it's a great start.

I found a YouTube video here:

Thanks bro.I watched the video and it was helpful.But the problem is that I have never seen something like seafoam in our region.Where can I buy it?

It was fast until the weather became cold and I replace the engine oil with a new oil which I have never used.
It starts slowly in the morning now and smokes about 10 seconds.
What was the oil you used and which one do you use now?

Cheap tricks they do around here:
Double preheat (when slowly start)
ATF on fuel filter (1 or 2 time per year) (help lubrication fuel pump)
Outboard oil on fuel tank ( 1/2 quart on full talk, in intervals 1 full tank) (lubrication and clean if the injector not bad)
Tuning fuel pump (depending on the height you are).

A cold diesel engine will smoke!
Try -30 or colder.
Engine will stall unless you add some fuel, it will shake, IP complains but eventually it all settles down.
Reminds me of myself without my morning coffee.
Not sure sure where you live but we also get winter fuel, helps prevent the fuel from gelling. If you can find it try Stanadyne as it has decent reviews and is highly recommended by a diesel injection pump repair guy I know.

What was the oil you used and which one do you use now?

Cheap tricks they do around here:
Double preheat (when slowly start)
ATF on fuel filter (1 or 2 time per year) (help lubrication fuel pump)
Outboard oil on fuel tank ( 1/2 quart on full talk, in intervals 1 full tank) (lubrication and clean if the injector not bad)
Tuning fuel pump (depending on the height you are).
Behran Bandar Turbo Diesel Oil and now Behran Sahra Turbo Diesel Oil.
Would u please explain more of these:
What ATF and outboard oil is and what do u mean by saying tuning the pomp?

Behran Bandar Turbo Diesel Oil and now Behran Sahra Turbo Diesel Oil.
Would u please explain more of these:
What ATF and outboard oil is and what do u mean by saying tuning the pomp?
We use that tricks because fuel here sucks.
ATF= automatic transmission fluid or Powersteering fluid

fb-og.jpg

Indications: when change fuel filter. Fill 3/4 with ATF and the rest with diesel. Start and engine run by 3 min. Continue normal use.

Outboard oil: for marine use, 2 stroke engine not necessary high quality.

Val-PCMO-SE-2stroke-Marine-product.png

Indications: With Full fuel tank pour 32 oz.

Tuning inyection pump: advance or decrese pump grade, tune up... you have to go to a diesel laboratory or expert.

Another product for cleaning diesel injection systems that I've used (similar to Seafoam) is LiquiMoly Diesel Purge. I've had great results with it on Mercedes, VW and Toyota diesels.

It is most likely the glow plugs, that's where I would be checking first . White smoke is from combustion that is too cool. The white is from condensation caused by fuel that reaches the cylinder walls before it combusts.
A good fuel burn begins to combust as soon as the injector begins to deliver the charge.
Magic potions wont fix this, nor will particular oils. Any quality diesel oil works.

The other reason could be low compression. You could check the timing belt position, but they dont move if fitted correctly.
How many klms has it done and does the smoke go away when warm.

Seafoam = 4parts pale oil OR diesel+ 2 parts naptha+ 1 part isopropyl alcohol. Costs slightly more than 10% of the original
The oil lubricates, the naptha cleans and the IPA dries it.
Pale oil is what's in seafoam according to the MSDS, but they dont give exact %
Im having problems posting links after a w10 update, but you can search for "Homebrew Sea Foam"

We use that tricks because fuel here sucks.
ATF= automatic transmission fluid or Powersteering fluid

View attachment 2583468
Indications: when change fuel filter. Fill 3/4 with ATF and the rest with diesel. Start and engine run by 3 min. Continue normal use.

Outboard oil: for marine use, 2 stroke engine not necessary high quality.

View attachment 2583485

Indications: With Full fuel tank pour 32 oz.

Tuning inyection pump: advance or decrese pump grade, tune up... you have to go to a diesel laboratory or expert.
Helpful info bro!Thanks a lot

Another product for cleaning diesel injection systems that I've used (similar to Seafoam) is LiquiMoly Diesel Purge. I've had great results with it on Mercedes, VW and Toyota diesels.
I'll try it Thanks.How much should I put into the tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom