1hz Knocking Sound (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone.
It's about a year I hear something like knocking sound from the 5th cylinder of my 1hz.
At the beginning, it wasn't that much but it has been increased smoothly up to now.
Valve clearance has been done and there is nothing wrong with the injection pump but when I take the gasoil nozzles off each cylinders, I hear nothing strange than before except the 5th cylinder.
In addition, I should say that there is no blue smoke comes out from the exhaust.also when I cold start the engine, the sound is louder for almost 15 seconds.
What should be the problem?
Might be from the piston pin?

Hello everyone.
It's about a year I hear something like knocking sound from the 5th cylinder of my 1hz.
At the beginning, it wasn't that much but it has been increased smoothly up to now.
Valve clearance has been done and there is nothing wrong with the injection pump but when I take the gasoil nozzles off each cylinders, I hear nothing strange than before except the 5th cylinder.
In addition, I should say that there is no blue smoke comes out from the exhaust.also when I cold start the engine, the sound is louder for almost 15 seconds.
What should be the problem?
Might be from the piston pin?
Check the connecting rod bearings. The noise maybe coming from connecting rod bearing on cylinder 5. You don't have take the engine out to check the connecting rod on 1HZ. Check this video Connecting rod replacement.

1618715522219.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom