1HZ Injector Pump Solenoid Diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone

I am from Switzerland and have a 2002 HZJ79. I would like to install a hidden "kill switch" as another layer of defense against thiefs. To do that, I would just install a switch somewhere to switch off the solenoid in the injector pump. No diesel, no running engine. Connected to the solenoid is a green cable that disappears somewhere into the wiring loom. I was now looking at the schematics I have but could not find out where this green cable ends up somewhere inside the cabin.

Does someone know which wire I could follow or where it terminates? I read from different people who installed such a switch as well but not with details on where exactly.

Thanks a lot in advance.

You could intercept at the injector pump, it's just an eye terminal on top of the solenoid held on by a nut.

Or, you could get behind the fuse box near your feet in the cabin and intercept the wire coming from the "engine" fuse.

Or, you could remove the plastic covers on the steering column and intercept the wire from the "on" position of the key switch.

Or, if you want a kill switch that will stop it from cranking as well, intercept the wire from the "start" fuse behind the fuse box, or the wire from the "start" position of the key switch.

Plenty of options!

But, here's a better idea:
Fit a heavy duty battery isolator switch under the seat, and run a 50mm2 cable to the negative battery terminal and the other to the engine block.
This way it is anti theft, anti battery drain, and anti accidental electrical fires from shorts.

An alternative I personally use: cut the line to the starter motor. If someone breaks into the car, he/she isn't tempted to keep cranking the engine until the battery is empty: it simply does nothing.

An alternative I personally use: cut the line to the starter motor. If someone breaks into the car, he/she isn't tempted to keep cranking the engine until the battery is empty: it simply does nothing.
Good thought. But it's pretty easy to lay underneath and arc out the starter terminals with your pocket knife to bypass any start kill switch.

Good thought. But it's pretty easy to lay underneath and arc out the starter terminals with your pocket knife to bypass any start kill switch.
Of course. Then again, my line of thought is:
1. A pro is going to steal my car anyway. Luckily, pro's are far more rare than amateurs.
2. The occasional amateur is going to screwdriver his way into my car and do some fast things to get it running. Even if he manages to force the ignition lock, it won't budge.
3. The most common mod by far (known to any pro) is blocking the fuel cutoff solenoid. It's quite easy to find and bypass for pro's, just like a 'dead' starter motor. Which, of course, he'll have to diagnose correctly first (I've added some leds indicating the presence of an electronic blocker). And it is not simply bridged by a knife, given the way I've interrupted it.
4. I make life difficult for pro's by turning the steering wheel one full turn before stopping the engine, locking it, and then blocking the steering wheel in that position by means of a heavy (!) bicycle chain lock that goes trough the driver chair support. Even with a battery powered angle grinder it's going to take some nasty hacking trough the steering wheel, all the while listening to the horn blasting in everyone's ears (can hardly be avoided). Just winching the car on to a trailer is quite hard because the front wheels are pointing left or right. All in all rather unattractive.
5. And of course, I pick my parking spots carefully.

Last edited:
Of course. Then again, my line of thought is:
1. A pro is going to steal my car anyway. Luckily, pro's are far more rare than amateurs.
2. The occasional amateur is going to screwdriver his way into my car and do some fast things to get it running. Even if he manages to force the ignition lock, it won't budge.
3. The most common mod by far (known to any pro) is blocking the fuel cutoff solenoid. It's quite easy to find and bypass for pro's, just like a 'dead' starter motor. Which, of course, he'll have to diagnose correctly first (I've added some leds indicating the presence of an electronic blocker). And it is not simply bridged by a knife, given the way I've interrupted it.
4. I make life difficult for pro's by turning the steering wheel one full turn before stopping the engine, locking it, and then blocking the steering wheel in that position by means of a heavy (!) bicycle chain lock that goes trough the driver chair support. Even with a battery powered angle grinder it's going to take some nasty hacking trough the steering wheel, all the while listening to the horn blasting in everyone's ears (can hardly be avoided). Just winching the car on to a trailer is quite hard because the front wheels are pointing left or right. All in all rather unattractive.
5. And of course, I pick my parking spots carefully.
Where do you intercept the wiring?

I have a disconeted solenoid Wienerwald I park my 78 .
AND a secret but pratical Swatch, for on/off .
Catch the wireless behind THE fuse box .
Will avoid General thiefes , but not pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom